FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Absolute Joke

music_man
Community Member
The beyond blue telephone helpline is an absolute joke. Getting essentially cut off by someone after 15 minutes every time I call with extremely serious problems. I wouldn't be calling otherwise.
4 Replies 4

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I am really sorry musician that this has happened to you.This has happened to me on the lifeline one.I hope you can get an explanation for why it happened to you.You always have us to talk to on the forums.

amberlite
Community Member
man life is a joke, I'm glad whatever the issue, your are here now and you seem well enough to know you deserve better. Start a thread or find a thread but just stay on board, cause you honesty is delightful.

Sophie_M
Hi music_man,

We're very sorry to hear you feel this way. It's important to remember that our Support Service is there to provide people with brief counselling and give them referrals to follow so they can access more appropriate support for their needs. For more complex mental health conditions we recommend talking to your GP and any other mental health professionals you may have. You might also like to get in touch with our friends at SANE: https://www.sane.org/counselling-support

Perhaps you can let others here in our supportive community know how they could help you? What's troubling you? Remember while the peer support offered here is often quick, it is not immediate.

We want you to know we take feedback of this nature very seriously and we would like to encourage you to expand on your comments so we have the best understanding of what we can do to improve. Please feel free to email us anytime here: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/about-us/contact-us 

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Music -man

Thanks for letting us know about your experience. There are people ready to listen and support you.

Also your feedback from your call is important asSophie has explained.