FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

35 years married gone

Briwnie
Community Member

Hi I’m new to this so bear with me. Really struggling with mental health, my husband has been seeing another woman and I’m in a world of hurt. It was initially an online thing with someone from his teens. I found out accidentally enemy going paper work for him snd promptly left. We reconciled after a 5 week break as he said he wanted me and our marriage to work but she is persistent even when he asks her not to call she fors and as far as I can tell will stop at nothing. Although I feel he enjoys the attention.

we have been through so much together but now he seems willing to throw all of it away. He claims he loves me but loves her also. I have tried everything I can and feel desperate and depressed. Suicidal thoughts creep in constantly and I think I have just about exhausted friends and family. Sorry for the rant but a complete mess.

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi Briwnie,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story with us here.

We are sorry to hear that things have been so difficult in your relationship and that you have been struggling with suicidal thoughts. We can only imagine how awful it would have been to find out that your husband has been seeing another woman. Please know that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

If you would like to talk to someone, the Beyond Blue Support Service is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 1pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport  One of our friendly counsellors will be able to talk through these feelings with you and can offer support, advice and referrals.

We would recommend that you get in touch with an organisation called Relationships Australia on 1300 364 277 who provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities.

We hope that you will find some comfort here on the forums. Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Briwnie,

It sounds like you are going through a lot and you are feeling helpless. Just know that you have been so strong throughout it all. I am truly sorry for what you are going through.

Just wondering if you have any support at the moment? Any family or friends? Speaking with someone can really help you cope with all your negative feelings.

Please stay safe and i am here to chat if you need me.

Briwnie
Community Member
Thankyou so much I fo have some family and friend but I fear I have exhausted. them with my poor choices and constant feelings of despair. I believe my husband every time he makes promises which are ultimately broken. I guess until I can stop loving him ill be stuck in this mess of doubts depression and suicidal thoughts. I’m on meds but of course they don’t mend a broken heart. Kind of you to reply greatly appreciate it.

Briwnie
Community Member
Just wondering if there is anyone out there who has gone through similar marriage breakdown after such a long time (35yrsrs) Any tips or advice would be welcome I’ve organised meds for myself but feel so alone. We had mutual friends which is not ideal but I guess normal after such a long time. Mental health so low and my two children both have their own families so I’m on the outside of life looking in .