FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

20+ years of Anxiety and Depression

buddy1610
Community Member
Hi everyone,I’ve been on antidepressants for over 20 years for anxiety and depression tried several different ones and doses. My current dose is working but I still have small amount of anxiety and depression. I would just like some feedback from anyone in a similar situation? Your feedback will help so much thank you
2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hi and welcome to the forums.

it is an interesting question you raise. I have been on a few different medications and the one that I am currently on works the best. However like you there is a small amount remaining. My own view is that no medication will remove it 100%. I am not tempted to change medication in case whatever I jump to is worse than what I am currently on.

That said...

the last time I was at my psychiatrist (quite recent) I asked about increasing the dosage so that rather than being in a range of the 2.5 to 5 (out of 10) it might be 3.5 to 6. There are always (?) things that might trigger how I see myself or a situation. And I also consider what would it be like if I were not on medication.

my dad was on medication for some time. It worked (whatever that means) for many year and then some negative thoughts crept in. He decided to change medication.

For me... I have to trust my gut and also talk with my "medical people". At the same time recognise it will not be 100% effective. Lastly, as a side note, my psychiatrist also believes strongly in talk therapy. So medication plus "other stuff" is helpful.

Thank you