FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Voices are out to get me

Deanchor
Community Member

I’m posting here cause I feel as though this is a safe place to start to start this conversation. 

I have been dealing with voices for a few months now and I’ve been putting myself in to panic attacks because the voices are so strong and I feel like I’m being watched 24/7 and they are out to get me and judge me for everything I do, I am wanting to know if anyone has had anything similar and hoping for some  tips and reassurance. 

1 Reply 1

Hi Deanchor,

Welcome and thank you for having the strength to share here. We are so sorry to hear about what's been going on for you, it sounds like it has been difficult these past few months.

Dealing with hearing voices can be really distressing. We're sorry that you're dealing with panic attacks and feeling like you are being judged, we strongly encourage you to go to your GP or mental health professional to discuss this, as soon as you can as they will be able to provide you with some guidance.

Please know that there is support available to you. If you're in distress and need someone to talk to, please call our helpline on 1300 22 4636. Our kind supportive counsellors will be able to help you access support with your GP or in your community.   

Thank you again for sharing.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M