FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

TMS

Kelster
Community Member
Hi all, I would love to know if anyone has had TMS and what they experienced? I have bipolar 2 and It absolutely  works for me with lifting depression so highly recommend it, however if I have too much I get bad anxiety, headaches and crazy fatigue for at least 2 weeks if not longer. I’m just wondering if anyone else has had this? Thanks so much

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Klester~

First may I ask if you have reported these to your doctor or therapist? I'd suggest that as the first thing to do.

I've not used TMS myself and so cannot comment, what I can do is say Beyond Blue mentions this treatment and some side effects on page 45 of this publication:

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/docs/default-source/resources/bl0556-what-works-for-depression-booklet...

Which probably will not be exactly what you are seeking but worth a look.

Other than that use the search function (the spyglass at the of the page) and do a search for:

TMS

and another for

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation

You will find a fair number of instances of people talking about their experiences concerning TMS in this Forum

I hope this is of some help and your symptoms clear up quickly. I am please to know it has helped you with the depression.

If you would like to say what you find out I'd be very interested

Croix