FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi all,on Monday I took my daughter to Tafe and put in an application for a course she wants to do next year.The lady said it was really popular the course and was good we came in when we did.I also took her to the post office to get her tax file number so that's being processed now.Was going to go a movie afterwards but their wasn't anything she wanted to see.

I will have to many next week take her to the RSPCA to sign her up for a volunteer.The riding for disabled are looking for volunteers for Saturday and will take her there.My daughter has a certificate in horse care.

My daughter has her biology exam today and then has week off and then another two days of exams and then graduation ceremony on the Friday.

Take care,

Mark.

Mark

The graduation ceremony will mark a completion of one part of her life and start of a new one. It will mean exciting times and possibly new challenges for both of you.
I really appreciate you sharing your story over time in this thread.
Congratulations to you both on her graduation.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I cried when I got an invitation for my daughter's graduation.It only seems like yesterday that I took her to school to prep for the first time .They grow up so fast.Its a very emotional time for me.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My daughter graduates high school tomorrow.Maby not a big deal for most but someone with autism and selective mutism and severe anxiety it's a huge achievement and to do it with straight A's is a remarkable effort.I can still remember the first day I dropped her off at school and I had tears in my eyes and now I do again with her finishing 13 years later.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
What an emotional day today as I cried as I watched my daughter leave the school for the final time.And then I was down at my son's schools helping with a fundraiser for childhood cancer.It was in honour of a past student who lost their battle with cancer.A nice bit of money was raised for it.

Paw Prints
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Congratulations to your daughter Mark... you must be so proud of her... straight A's would be an amazing achievement for any of us... her achieving it despite everything is so very special...

Hugs

Paws

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Congratulations Mark, your daughters achievements are way beyond amazing.....Your daughters hard work and your huge support and belief in her has really paid off big time...

I am so happy for the both of you and you’re family...

Grandy..

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My daughter had her first job interview today at a bakery and has a trial tomorrow.I finished enrolling her at TAFE and she was lucky to enrol in that course when she did as it is really popular and over a 100 on a waiting list for it.She starts her course on the 4th February.

Hanna3
Community Member

Hi Matchy

I've been reading up lately about Aspergers and autism and I truly didn't understand how difficult it must be to live with. What a wonderful achievement for you and your daughter, to graduate from school and get a job. That is fantastic!

You must be so thrilled! I'm truly happy for you all!

🙂👍

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Hanna thanks for your reply.It has been very difficult over the years for her with Asperger's and selective mutism.It is only a trial tomorrow at least it is a start and she applied for the job herself.Its great start.I have Autism my self and know how hard it is to do these things.

Take care,

Mark.