FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,006 Replies 1,006

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I will see how I go this weekend with my son as his psychiatrist wants him not to have one of his medications on the weekend only during the week when he is at school.I am a bit nervous I Wil be able to manage him ok.

Jstar49
Community Member

Hey Mark,

That's great about your sons award. What a good start to the year for him!

Good luck with trialling the break from medication. Tell us how you go!

Maybe it's a chance for some nature time. I always find that water is soothing.

I'm sure you already know this but many ppl underestimate the importance of regular nutritious meals/snacks and rest alternating with activity. If you factor in your own limitations/tiredness then it won't take you by surprise.

Cheers

J*

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi I have found that not giving my son his medication in the morning made him really tired and fell asleep yesterday and today.Not sure if it was the reason for it.His behaviour was ok and didn't notice much difference o my him being really tired.

Guest_4643
Community Member
Hi Mark, I'm thinking of you.

Jstar49
Community Member

Hi Mark,

doesn’t sound like that’s what you were expecting! How interesting! I wonder what the Dr will have to say about it.
how are you feeling now? Did you do any damage with all your hard work?

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I was very nervous taking him off that medication for the weekend.No notice of and behaviour change only tiredness.He goes back to the doctor on the 19th this month.Not sure what she will make of it.I might google the medication again.Je is on a few different ones.I know the doctor is worried about his weight as he never seems to put any on He eats a lot at my house and the doctor says it's a medication thing.I was skinny as a child like h and am now 100kgs.I will see how he goes at school this week and if their is any change to his behaviour at school.
Take care,
Mark

Hey Mark, I'm sorry to hear about your son. You're a great Dad and person.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
The good news at my son's school is the principle from year is still there after being told she had left the other one was coming back.My son is making it through to 3pm everyday.
My daughter didn't go Monday as she was sick in the stomach again.She has had that many test done but not getting any real answers.I think it is real and not just anxiety.It is going to be a long year trying to get her through her final year of school.She usually gets straight A's and will get two TAFE certificates at the end of the year as well as the one she already has.

Sorry to hear about all of that Mark, I hope your kids and you feel better soon.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
A bit shaken at the moment as the house across the road from my kids has just burnt down.A really scarey thing.