FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Sounds fun with the bowling Mark, I hope you all have a nice time.

I'm sorry to hear about the drama with your ex.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks Tayla.I am glad we can still go bowling.Probably not a good idea for me to be bowling but it will be nice to get out of the house.
Take care,
Mark.

Enjoy either way Mark. I haven't been Bowling in ages, I suck at it anyway haha

Jstar49
Community Member

Hi Mark,

That sounds like a great thing to do before school goes back, good on you! It takes energy to do something different hey, but making memories and getting minds off the stressful stuff is usually a GOOD THING!

What else is going on for you? You said you're mind feels like it's going to explode- is it about the car for your ex and all that? Can you identify the stressors and deal with them one by one? Sometimes I find if I write them all down, it helps me get it out of my head and into a space that I can make sense of it. Sort it out, the things you can do something about, and the things you can't and just have to accept, or wait and see what happens.

It sounds like a difficult situation with your ex. Is she able to access support for herself? If she's bipolar, is she on medication? and getting counselling?

Sounds like firm boundaries is a must with her! Glad you have already put some in place re- not answering your ph after a certain time. Must be hard for the kids.

Take care, this part will be over soon. Just do your best, it's enough.

Cheers

J*

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Jstar bowling was fun the kids enjoyed themselves and my son won bowling so he was excited.
Tomorrow will be the first time I haven't dropped my daughter at school on the first day of school.It puts a year in my eye.
So much going on kids,school,ex,car,health,surgery coming up soon.I worried what will have do when she finishes school.The government dosnt care,I probably have to care for her.I don't know how this year is going for my son.
I hoping things will workout but don't know.
Take care,
Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
An interesting first day for the kids.My daughter apparently was so anxious she wanted to iron her uniform but the iron wasn't working so then was refusing to go but did in the end.
My son is in a large class of 23 students which is twice as big as the class last year.He hasn't done well in large classes and did better in smaller ones.Its just the way it works out.I feeling bad with it all.Mu depression really bad at the moment.
Take care,
Mark.

Sorry to hear that Mark, I'm thinking of you. You're a great Dad and a great person.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Thanks Tayla I try to be the best dad possible.

That's good to hear Mark

Jstar49
Community Member

Hey Mark,

How are things going now?

Gosh I can relate to the story of your d getting more anxious when the iron wasn't working- these things can really set off a chain reaction hey! Glad to hear she coped with it and ended up going to school. Sometimes it's the overcoming of problems thats the real learning. Brene Brown's quotes are a good reminder of that.

I've just been looking for a nice quote to put in my d's card. Em suggested I make and post a handmade card, so I've just about finished that process.

What have you been doing lately? Apart from stressing about kids and cars and problems that is....Hope you've been finding time to do nice things for yourself.

Cheers,

J*