FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy thankyou for your reply.I do online orders with woolies but they allways out of what you want.I cant make anymore cakes until i get some more ingrediants hopefully when i do my order this week i can get some so i can make some with my son.It just gets frustrating not getting things you want.

Visual aids might help my son i will have to get my ex to make some up for me and try it.Its going to be at least five weeks of home schooling the kids which is stresssing me out.

Take care,

Mark.

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey Mark,

It definitely might be worth a try starting up the visuals again, especially if he's going to be learning from home in Term 2.

My sister lives in Qld and she sent me the notification today saying they want kids to stay home for the first 5 weeks if possible.

It's very, very hard when there are additional needs to contend with, which you have.

I'm glad you can get Woolies delivered, i hope the food your son will eat will cone back into stock really soon. I made a marble banana bread this morning and it was a disaster, whoops a daisy.

🌻birdy

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy it is going to be an interesting next 5 weeks here and maby more.I got one in primary and one in high school so their work is completely different and their would be a lot of parents struggling with home schooling who have multiple kids.It wont be easy for them.It starts next week.The high school sent my daughter her work.My daughter is in year 11 and said that the year 12s were really panicking about finishing school and dont want to come back next year.

I made a chocolate mud cake on saturday that tasted yummy.Unfortunately that is the last cake i can make for the moment.

Take care,

Mark.

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Mark,

Just wondering how are you going there this week?

Did the the food your son likes come back into stock?

Did you get more dupplies for your wonderful cakes? It's great that you love to bake! A creative outlet with yummy results!

How are you finding day one of term 2? Or are the kids at their mother's at the moment? My nieces in Qld couldn't log in to their class this morning because there were so many kids trying to do the same - internet overload. They're hoping tomorrow will be better.

I hope you are ok.

🌻birdy

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy thanks for asking how things are going.I have done an online grocery order which will be delivered tomorrow.I ordered most things except i couldnt get pasta shelves and the brand of cat food that my cat likes.I will try again next time.I did order some cake mixes still no four.

The kids are still out their mothers this week.They had trouble logging on to the school internet as the site crashed to many trying to get on.I thought that would happen.I am worried more about my daughter with her schooling as she is the last two years of schooling.I hope she manages ok.

Take care,

Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

This home schooling is interesting as my daughter says its boring and would rather be at school and she has the problem of her younger brother annoying her when she is trying to do her work.My son is very hard to get to do his work which is normal but i did manage to get him to finish it all yesterday.We are going to seperate the kids so my daughter dosnt have her brother annoying her.I will have my daughter this week on her own until thursday then i have to go into hospital friday.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I have my daughter back at school the last couple of weeks.She is going to school better this week not to many dramas.My son starts back next week so I am getting anxious about how he will go as it has been so long since he has been there and with all the changes and social distancing that still has to take place.It is very hard for him to understand these things.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
With both my kids back at school it was back to the same routine.My daughter feeling sick with anxiety and my son lasting to only lunch time.My daughter went everyday except friday and my son got picked up early everyday and was told he is having a new teacher monday for the third different teacher this year for him so more change for him and then it will be school holidays for him.My daughter finishes school at the end of next year and that worries me.I dont know what she is going to do with the way her anxiety is i ptobably have to look after her full time.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Today was the first day since school has gone back that my son stayed the whole day.It was because the new principle has decided to keep him there when he is having an episode rather then ring us to come and get him.I have had this discussions with previous principles but it never happened.I hope this priniple sticks to her guns.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My son's new principle said to my son to grow up.My son is 8 years old with Autism and ADHD.I don't know if she should have said that?