FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Feeling anxious and stressed about taking the kids to see a new doctor this afternoon.

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Mark,

I hope you were able to find your daughter's health card - are you able to put it in your phone on an app or whatever, like you can with your licence and ither cards, so you don't need to keep track of the actual card?

I hope you were able to ground yourself and feel ok about the drive to the new doctor.

Can you treat yourself tonight as a reward for getting theough a stressful day? You deserve it.

I hope everyone feels better soon.

🌻birdy

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy thanks for that advice.I managed to fine my daughters health care card it was under my book on my bedside table.I looked everywhere for it.I am just stressing as i am taking them to see a new doctor and i think they will need it.I might buy myself something nice to eat for dinner afterwards.I leave in 30 minutes.I will let you know how it goes.

Take care,

Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
The doctor saw the kids,he said it was just a viral infection and didn't prescribe anything.I needed a medical certificate from monday but the doctor said he will not back date them so he gave me one from today to tomorrow.My ex was not to happy about it but that was the best i could do seeing a new doctor.I know their regular doctor will back date them but two weeks to get in there.

Hey Mark,

Glad its nothing too serious. Theres been alot of viral things going around our school atm too. Lots of warm lemon and honey drinks or tea generally do the trick.

Shame that the doctor wouldnt back date the certificate. We have a really good dr at our clinic whos always booked out weeks in advance too. So frustrating but thankfully you were able to get in.

Hope your doing well

Hi new beginning yes its good the Doctor only thinks its something minor.My neighbour who use to be a nurse said she thought it was whooping cough as her son had it.My kids have been vaccinated against it.I am worried about the High School not having a medical certificate from monday as she is in her last 2 years and they are strict about those things now so i hope the one i got will do.

Take care,

Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi i went to both schools today and handed the medical certificates and they were happy with them and know how hard it is to get into the Doctors there.I have more doctors there now but now you have to wait 2 weeks and dont think the town has expanded that much.Not sure why their is such a wait.

Hey Mark,

How are you holding up? Kids doing better?

Hi new beginning my daughter was back at school today but my son isn't and he is still coughing but seems to have plenty of energy.Hopefully i can get him back at school monday.I have a headache myself and feel very tired but thats normal for me.

Take care,

Mark.

Thats great news about your daughter and fingers crossed your son continues to improve. Hope you get chance to relax with a nice hot cuppa and rest your head