FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

struggling with special needs children

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Does anyone else have children with special needs.I am struggling with mine.My youngest cant use a toilet when their at the age they should be.I am getting tired of changing them,does that make me a bad parent?The constant hyperepisodes are taking their strain especially that i am going through other personal stuff in my life
1,005 Replies 1,005

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My morning started at 3am this morning with my son screaming,this is normal.I was allready awake,i don't sleep much but knew i had 5 hours of this.8am i have the kids ready for school,no panic attacks with my daughter,i got her to school ok today.My son was hypher when i walked him to the classroom,the teachers aid manages to settle him down.Home i go hoping for the best.Text my ex how the kids were this morning.Then its time to go to bed and have a cry wondering if this will get any easier.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Not such a good morning for my daughter,anxiety and panics attacks this morning and was't able to go to school.She has missed so much school because of this.We have had meetings at the school with this and are ok with this when it happens.

The phychritis wanted to put her in a special boarding school.I dont really know if thats the answer.

My son went ok and has swimming today.He's doing without me this year,trying not to have him so dependent on me and for me to have a break.The amount of appointments and things the kids have to go to gets overwhelming at times for me.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
My 7y.o son with Autism and ADHD is driving me mad this school holifays.He is very clumsy and drops everything.He is very independent and wants to do everything him self like he gers his own cereal and pits milk on it but half the cereal ends up on the floor and the milk ends up everywhere.I know he dosnt do it deliberately.I just seem to spend half my time cleaning up his messes and it dosnt do my ocd's any good.I should be spending more time with my daughter but have to watch my son all the time and it is effectingy daughter as well

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
To make things worst today my son has diarrhea today and dosnt use a toilet.My house just stinks and just been trying to clean up his mess everywhere

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

With school starting again next week for my special needs kids my anxiety is pretty high out the moment.Hoping my kids have a better year this year with less drama.My eldest starts grade 11 and my yougest is grade 3.The school is going to allow my yougest to stay to 3pm instead of 1 pm like last year.I am not sure how he will go only time will tell.

My daughter was having huge issues with anxiety and panic attacks last year and missed half of last year because of it.She has just started seeing a phychologist about it and hope i can get her through this year ok.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I managed to get my eldest back at school this week and she had a good week,less subjects and some interesting ones as wel

My son was sick this week with vomiting so he didnt go this week though he seemed well enough today and should have went but refused to get ready saing he was still sick.Hoping to be able to get him back at school next week.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I am worried about my daughter that she is going to drop out of school because of her anxiety and panic attacks she been having.She is allmost 16 i dont know what options their are for her?

Hi Matchy,

Life with special needs kids sounds very challenging.

Are you able to find ways to manage her anxiety and panic attacks? Deep breathing that sort of thing. I usually Google everything to find information/ solutions.

Also how are you going recently?

Hi mm thanks for your reply here.

My daughter is seeing both a psychiatrist and psychologist and is on medication( she has tried a few different ones)but dont really help much.The psychologist is helping her with relaxation and breathing exercises but i dont think its really helping.She is very smart and usally is a straight A student.

For my self i am not that real good mentally or physically health wise.I am waiting for some test to be done at the hospital at the end of April.I really struggle to get out of bed everyday.When i have the kids i have to and my 7y.o son is so full on.

Take care,

Mark.

Morning Mark,

Oh that's a hassle, having to get tests done but it also means they will hopefully get to the bottom of what's wrong and it can be sorted for you. Wishing you all the best with that.

I'm guessing that being a straight A student and all your daughter likes school as best as she can so will hopefully continue. It's good that she has professionals in her corner as well. It just sucks that poor mental health can get in the way.

Anyway I wish you all the best. I know it's a struggle and hard but we do get there hey.

Your pretty courageous taking on so much when you're not 100% yourself. Your effort doesn't go unnoticed...I see it, and so do others at BB.

I think your children are lucky to have you.