FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Narcissistic Partner Abuse

Dezzzz
Community Member

My Partner of 7 years has been ABUSIVE his entire life but blames everyone else...I'm separated from him but he will not stop the ABUSE..

I BLOCK him at every avenue but don't know what else to do...

Can police help with this situation...

HELP

1 Reply 1

Just Sara
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi and welcome Dez to our caring community;

Your situation seems desperate, so a call to police is in order IMO. They can suggest ways to approach matters and may act on your behalf if laws are broken or seem like they will be.

I don't know your where-about's, but there may be a DV (domestic violence) coordinator in your area. The police can give you their details or put you in touch with them. They're really good for advice and how to treat your situation.

Please talk with your GP too. They're experienced with referrals to psychologists/counsellors and medication that may help combat anxiety etc. It's also an opportunity to talk with someone you trust.

Is your family aware of what's happening. Can they support you in any way?

I hope this has helped hun. Don't forget to write here if you feel helpless and afraid. It's better than worrying your guts out about the what-if's on your own.

And take care of your health; it's really important to stay on top of things to deal with life in general, let alone this obviously stressful time.

Hope to talk soon;

Kind regards;

Sez