FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How do you cope when it seems never ending

lilley
Community Member

Everyday is new but the for my husband and daughter there problems are the same. They are both getting help but the days go so quickly and with every positive day comes a big call the following day. I try to remain strong but it's getting harder. I do what I can to look after myself but life in general is hard ,work finances all to be taken care of. When you are the one who looks after everyone , all the issues to do with the household ,ensure everyone else is happy. I just wish sometimes someone could look after me. I love caring for them  , its just hard some days when the future is unsure. I am blessed but I wonder if anyone else feels this way and how do they cope ,feel ,how they survive????

1 Reply 1

strobe
Community Member

Hi Lilley i have never posted anything on this site I have read plenty of posts and read what people go through. My daughter has depression self harms anorexia and has attempted suicide numerous times she is 16 looking at her scares and her body what she says and what we go through is like a never ending tormenting nightmare. The toll on me personally i cracked as I never talk to anyone about what i was going through and after a situation i was diagnosed with severe depression etc and now i also am getting help. I recently walked out of my job I have a mortgage and a car to pay for my wife doesn't work due to my daughters illness and the future is unknown. As for my wife she is dealing with it all as well, the same as you are she has a good circle of friends. It is not easy for her everyday i used to ask myself why us and will it ever get better i cant afford a lot any more  and its getting worse by the day with savings  running out. But at the end of the day it is a life experience which very few go through and the thought being beaten by this is not an option the light at the end of the tunnel will come so do not give up hope, it will make you stronger and a better person. I look at the positives even how small it is from the previous day and make it the first thing i think of when i wake up in the morning. I am a pretty hard guy and when i see families doing what families do like go on holidays have picnics it honestly brings me to tears not because of jealousy but it is good to see them being normal and not having to go through this darkness. But at the end of the day we stick together we celebrate our small wins which people take for granted, we don't accept pity and we continue the fight as things are bad but they could be worse. You will become stronger keep positive no matter how small your win is smile and good luck.