FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Good or bad friendship?

anteater08
Community Member

Um this is my first time doing these kinds of things but I need to vent somewhere.

So I have this friend and I really enjoy hanging out with her. She's really nice and also funny, but recently she's been acting all mean and like fed up with me. Maybe it's just me or something but sometimes I feel like she actually hates me. 
I want to tell her how I feel about it but I don't want something big to happen and I don't want it to affect our friendship or anyone around us. I just don't know what to do. 

5 Replies 5

Sophie_M
Dear anteater08

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums we are so glad that you have made you way here and had the bravery to post. We want you to know that this is a safe space to discuss your thoughts, feelings and experiences and receive honest responses and suggestions from fellow forum users.

We are also here 24/7 on 1300 22 4636 or via our Webchat.  Our team who answer the phones are ready to have a supportive and non-judgmental chat whenever you need it.

We’re sure to hear from some of our lovely community members here on your thread soon. They’re a really amazing community, and will have understanding, advice and kind words for you.  Thanks again for sharing. It’s a powerful and brave first step towards feeling better.

Regards 

Sophie M

Jazzbanana
Community Member

Can you elaborate to us about how she is acting mean and fed up with you, for example what she is doing or saying to you?

It’s like anything I do she just has that kind of tone that says like stop. Sometimes she doesn’t even want to be paired up with me in some group projects and sometimes I just feel excluded I guess.

http://www.tatianaastray.com/managing-relationships/2020/2/10/communication-tool-using-i-statements-...

When you talk to her use 'I statements', it will help you with communicating your concerns to her. Maybe start with telling her what you've been noticing lately when you undertake group projects and other situations, ask if everything is okay, and then tell her how you feel. 

I've been in your position many times and I understand what it's like to feel excluded. 

Thank you! I’ll give it a go and see how things work out!! 🙂