FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

BPD

Help_Me_Rhonda
Community Member
Hi, my partner has BPD and because of this she can drive me "crazy". Any other partners out there that maybe in a similar situation?
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M

Hi Help Me Rhonda, we'd suggest having a look through the Supporting Family & Friends With A Mental Health Condition section, where we have moved this thread to.  

Below are a few threads to get you started:

Borderline personality disorder

Pregnant BPD wife struggling with life

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Help Me Rhonda,

Sophie_M has posted some helpful threads to start looking through.

If you have any questions about how to care for your partner or care for yourself, we'd love to be able to support you.

James

littlemissmess
Community Member

Hi,

I have BPD and my partner has to deal with me and it can be very difficult for him. I feel like I've driven him up so many walls, but he still insists on sticking with me, which I am so extremely grateful for. If you are looking for a long-term relationship, it is very important you take care of yourself and incorporate some healthy boundaries between you two.

I am no expert though, so I think it is important to seek professional advice on how to take care of yourself and the relationship, and how you can help your partner - seeing a counselor/psychologist, calling a helpline, etc. could be some ways to ask for advice or have a chat about how you are feeling.

Does he/she have a psychologist/has tried DBT therapy? For me, those are some of the better options out there. Do let them know they can get better and that there is help out there for them, and for you too. A relationship with someone with BPD can be difficult, but not always. Sometimes it can be very rewarding.

Take care.

Taz1967
Community Member

Hi,  I can certainly relate to your situation…

i myself am going through a struggling time where i am so envious of my friends , having healthy marriages & relationships when the last 3 years of my life have been everything from hospitals, police , court appearances & abuse…

My husband has BPD & a TBI , i never thought for one minute that when i met him 31/2 years ago that my life would be as it is now…

ive isolated myself from my family & friends..

ive lost everything & anything that meant anything to me due to his behavior & actions…

Its relentless, and i feel like at times im going crazy…

so yes thats about it with me , so i totally get it & sympathise with you…

you definitely arent alone…. ( that i need to also tell myself )…