FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A Devastating Year 2022

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Such an awful year 2022 has been so far , now with The Queen passing away in September aged 96, such a strong icon for some many years and has always been on the throne before I was born, unfortunately the same year her husband Prince Phillip died.

I had so much respect for her but it's not only her, we have lost so many other wonderful people who aren't with us any more this year, it's so devastating.

My heart opens up to all and my sincere apologies for those concerned.

Take care.

Geoff.

Life Member.

8 Replies 8

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Such a touching post, Geoff.

I feel incredibly sad to have lost the Queen, too. I always admired her strength and composure, and she was a comfort—a symbol of stability in an ever-changing world.

Thanks for creating a place to express our sense of loss.

Kind thoughts to you 

l didn't know, last l saw only a day or two ago she was shaking the new UK pm's hand.

Amazing , but very sad , but at the same time l'm happy that she can now be with Prince Phillip again. You know she was 8yrs old when they met and l've wondered this last yr  many times just how she went on and knew it wouldn't be long.

But and please don't take this in a disrespectful ay in any shape bc l very much admired the queen for all the things the whole world did in these maddening times. But and as has been so many times through my life l also saw things usually when no one else had that l just couldn't help wondering about . Not to take anything away from the queen and the person , and the steady ship that she and P Phillip were to the world butttt, l'd often just wondered and felt saddened that she just would not stand down, for Charles. He'd spent his life, preparing for what he was trained his whole life and born into , waiting. And now at 73 finally , would he even want the job ???? . Most have retired 5 or 10 yrs earlier but yet he is what, expected to be a king finally , at 73? l know he had chaos earlier with Dianna , the queen couldn't hand things over with all that, but he's been as steady as a rock since in marriage and life. Why did she wait until he was an old man to hand this over to him why would a mother do that to her son ?

l'm sorry for that dampener as l said not to take anything else away from her l'd always admired her buttt, well, l'd also wondered about that to this last decade or so. To me it was humiliating Charles in front of the whole world.

rx

Hello RX, you're not wrong in what you said, but perhaps she wanted to still be the longest serving person and achieve the 70 year, and once this was done, all she wanted was to be with Prince Phillip.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Hello Summer Rose, many thanks also for your lovely comment.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi Geoff , and yeah exactly. So to me it's like she's thought of herself and some record while taking all possibilities away from her son he's whole life. l mean she took over at 25 but yet seems to have made him wait until 73. Meanwhile he's the only son stood by her his whole life all these yrs while all the others were just off and doing their thing .

l mean who really knows how it worked or maybe he didn't even want the job maybe he told her 20yrs ago he doesn't want the job maybe they had an agreement, who'd wanna be a king anyway l sure as wouldn't . Maybe he was happy just being the loyal son l suppose we'll never know. But if he did really want to be king she got her whole life and 70yrs as queen while he'll be lucky to get 10 or 15 .

ldk , who knows what really goes on it's just something l wondered about for yrs now. But on the other side of the coin, not really even ever having been into royals anyway but you did always know they were there nonetheless and even with all their troubles of late she has been a warm and steady light to the world through these crazy times. So as l say not to take any of that away from them or the queen but !

rx

Hi again Geoff and all.

l've wondering , the other day the pm and gov general called Charles king of Australia. So would he be king of Australia ?

l'd never heard the queen called queen of Australia.

All he best

rx

Hello RX, I believe being in The Commonwealth he is entitled to make this declaration, may be it's just a 'figure of speech'.

Geoff.

Life Member.

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi RX and Geoff

King Charles is now our head of state and monarch or King, which will bring change to our country.
For example, politicians and other senior authorities need to swear a new allegiance to the King. This is happening in Victoria today.

Photos of the Queen in parliamentary and government offices will need to change to the King. I think our currency will also change.

I really admired Charles during his first public address. He was obviously grieving but still so composed and paid his mum such a beautiful tribute, while setting out his next steps. Must have taken a lot of strength. What did you think about the address?

The news coverage is so comprehensive, gives you an insight into the world wide grief (even beyond the Commonwealth). Kind of strange how we can all be grieving someone we didn’t even know in all corners of the world.

Although, to be fair, not everyone is grieving given the history of colonialism and I’m sure talk of Australia becoming a republic will follow. Hopefully this will enable healthy and essential discussions to shape our future.

Definitely the start of a new era!

Kind thoughts to you