FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Tell us your thoughts - What's kept or keeping you here?

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi everyone,

This is not an easy thread to make but I'm doing it because I think it's important.

I can see that you're all hurting and I know because I'm hurting too. Right now I'm in an easier place but it wasn't that long ago where I wasn't. Often we can find lots of reasons why we don't want to be here, and very few reasons that we do. So I'm making this post to bring everyone together to either find reasons to stay or show me why you've stayed. I don't care whether they are small or big reasons. They are reasons.

Please feel free to post below because I want to hear yours, and I want this to be a thread where people who come here can grab onto a reason too.

The reasons why I chose to stay -

- My dogs.

- Planning to die was very complicated.

- I wanted to hold on just in case things got a little bit better.

and now, I'm glad that I stayed. Please know that while suicide will end the pain, it will end your life too - so you'll say goodbye to any opportunities that things might get better. Opportunities for laughter, joy and beautiful memories. Sometimes it's about staying with the pain and finding other ways to let go of it without saying goodbye to our life.

707 Replies 707

Chloe_M
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good on you with that thread 🙂 the first step to fixing a problem is acknowledging that there is a problem. I see you have done that so good job, you are on the slow and tiring but in the end rewarding road to recovery 😄

x Chlo

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Cornerstone (with a wave to Romantic_thi3f)~

I'd like to join Chole_M in welcoming you. I thought I'd mention that instructions on making a thread for yourself are found here:

Forums / Welcome and orientation / The forum FAQ thread

If you get stuck no hassles - sing out here.

Reading what you have said so far my heart goes out to you. You husband sounds insensitive, selfish and cruel. Exactly what you do not need at the moment.

I notice you are deliberately holding off calling a crisis line. They do have a bigger role than just putting people in hospital, which is the impression many have. They are there to be used, and can be very comforting. You might like to consider calling the the one I have personal confidence in: the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467) as they can do more than just the one conversation.

I would like to talk with you more and will look out for you posting, maybe in a new thread

Croix

Alt_goku
Community Member

What's kept me here? That's a hard thing. Currently I'm in my final year of highschool, so the thought of failure is keeping me here I guess.

My beautiful friends and some family members.

Other than that I just want everything to stop. And when I say stop I mean the emptiness, the tiredness, the sadness that deep void in my heart. I want it gone.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

What keep me her the.. beauty in our lives.

The trees they stand so strong and tall,

Little creatures and birds you can hear their call,

look at the trees and hear the creatures,

Then look around and see earths features,

Theres hills and mountains , streams and rivers,

Peace and calm these waters deliver,

Green grass and flowers of every colour,

Sit on the grass then pick up a flower,

Smell the flowers, and saviour their fragrance,

Your heart and soul is beginning to dance,

Then look at the sky, the clouds you'll see,

Gently floating, changing shape, you'll see,

At night the sky lights up with stars,

The moon you'll find between these stars,

Shining brightly you can see there sparkle,

Your eyes will see something quite remarkable,

This is our earth, and our universe,

Where you are needed to complete this verse,

You are a part of this place we all call earth,

If you live in this place, feeling broken and hurt,

Then take the time each day, and study this place,

For there's beauty all around us in every place,

So why not stay and look around,

And see the beauty that you just found.

It time now for you to start,

To gather it up and place it in your heart.

Keep then safe and keep them sound,

All this beauty that you just found.

Grandy.

That’s beautiful Grandy.

I’m here because I have promised to stay a while and I am hoping every evening when I go to sleep that I have a better day tomorrow.

I have often cried myself to sleep with my safety plan in my hand. If nothing else speaks to me, i hang onto that and tell myself that i am ill and i wrote it when I was feeling better.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Teal,

Awe I'm so really sorry your struggling with so much..Do you have the Beyond Blue 24/7 help line..1300 22 4636.. also the suicide call back 1300659467 they are also very helpful and they only talk as well and will ring you back later to check on you.....

Please if your struggling to much and need to talk these are fantastic people to talk to..I have rang them a few times and they were kind and caring..

Please Teal. Give these number a ring if you need to speak to someone..

Caring and warm hugs..

Grandy..

Hi Alt_goku,

The pain will PASSED. You have so much to live for. YOU are the precious being, and remind youself, You are special. You are special Alt_goku. We are here for you. We have negative feelings, BUT THEY WILL PASSED. WE are here for you, you support, share your pain, and share you recovery. You are special , special to all friends and family. I understand there are times that you feel empty, but you are not alone, it will passed.

I am here typing away, Hoping love and peace goes you way.

So beautify Ggrand ... I will keep your wisdom to heart, when I am feeling down. Thank you for sharing! good wishes to all

Hello Grandy

thank you for your message and the phone numbers. I have been in touch before with SCB but when I am bad I am scared they will put me into hospital so I try not to ring. I contact them from time to time to update my safety plan because my ‘reasons to live’ are difficult to find when things change.

Take care

Tess2
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Ok don’t know what is keeping me here. Hope and fear. I hope things will improve and I fear any attempt at suicide not working, the thought of waking up alive fills me with dread. I love my children, adults now, and they also keep me here I have seen the effects of suicide on the remaining family. But right now I have mounting pressure in my chest and fear of living in my head.