FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

running out of options

fangface
Community Member
i've been on a downward spiral lately and i'm running out of options. it's very difficult for me to feel safe when i'm alone and i can't distract myself anymore. i'm only holding on because i don't want to leave the people i care about behind but it gets harder every day. i'm too scared to reach out and i don't know where to go or what to tell them. all i know is that i need help
4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello, I am so terribly sorry for how you are feeling, but know from myself what this actually feels like and it's awful.

You have said that you have people you care about so much, and it would be vice-versa and in some way they would already know that there is something that's not right going on inside you but may not be able to approach you because they are unsure on how to start talking to you.

There are many places to call and others will provide them but the two that stand out are Lifeline 131114 and suicide 24/7 call line
1300 659 467 as well as BB 1300 22 4636.

You are entitled to ring 000 where the police will take you to a hospital for your own protection or likewise your doctor can also do the same.

If you can talk and be with someone, a family member or a friend and ask them to remove any sharp objects but mostly, please don't be afraid to ask for help and e are here to talk with you.

Please take care.

Geoff.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi fangface,

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand that’s hard when we are alone, is there anyone close to you that you can call?

Geoff has given you some great advice.

Can you make an appointment with your gp today? You can discuss how you are feeling they will understand and want to help you.

We are here as a community always to chat to you and support you.

Sophie_M
Hey fangface,

It sounds like it's really hard to see a way forward at the moment. We think it's really good that you are looking for support, and sharing what's going on for you here. Those aren't easy things to do, but this community is here with you as you work out your next steps. 

We've reached out to you privately to make sure you're ok. You can also reach us directly on 1300 22 4636, and online here. There's also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14. Please remember that if you feel unsafe at anytime, it is important to call 000 straight away.

It’s really important that you are kind to yourself and keep yourself safe. We’d recommend having a look at our Suicide Safety Planning app, Beyond Now. You can read about how it works and where to download it he...You can even call Lifeline and compete it together with one of their counsellors over the phone.

Please keep sharing your words on our forums. As the words of your friends on this thread show, you are cared about and this community is listening. 

Warm regards

Sophie M

Isabella_
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi there

I hear you when you say you're afraid to reach out, it's never an easy thing to do. I'm really proud of you for reaching out here, it's a great first step. Recognising and sharing that you need help is also a great step.

You're feeling trapped and it's hard for you to distract yourself from your thoughts. You aren't feeling safe on your own at the moment. I can see you're trying your best to hold on and that really matters. You've been finding that each day is seeming worse for you and you're struggling to cope.

It sounds like you've been dealing with all of this on your own for quite some time, and that makes things incredibly harder. I'm interested, what has been going on for you lately that has led you to feeling this way?

Please know that we're here to listen and support you, and you always have someone to care and talk to here.

I'd love to hear from you. I hope you feel welcome and comfortable to use the services listed by Sophie and Geoff if you feel you need to.

<3<3