FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Need help with stress and depression

J_S
Community Member

There is just so much pressure that I feel like just giving up but I have a family

1 Reply 1

indigo22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi J_S,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for reaching out to us.

Although I am unaware of the pressures you are enduring, I do recognise the feeling of wanting to give up, I have been there and I know it is a lonely place to be. It is not living, it is existing and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

So can you tell me a little more? Have you been getting help from your GP? or counselling?

Are you making use of the helplines when you are struggling? They can help take some of the pressure off even if only temporarily.

It's tough to get out of the black hole without help, but it can be done with help. It's a great start that you are keeping your family in your thoughts. Is there a family member you can confide in? A sibling perhaps?

Without a bit more information to go on, the only thing I think I can offer you at the moment is the following thread link which may have some useful information for you in the meantime.

https://forums.beyondblue.org.au/t5/depression/self-help-tips-for-managing-depression/td-p/46141

I am happy to continue this conversation if you are comfortable doing so.

Please take care of yourself,

indigo