FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Me and my sadness

Potato_me
Community Member
Please anyone talk to me. I want to know what people have been through because I’m going through a really hard time myself. I’m always sad, and don’t like school or anyone there. Please help me. My time is running out because I’m going to drown in my own sadness…… and never return. I don’t want to be here, there’s literally NO purpose in life or living. Humans just destroy the world anyway. And I don’t need to be here, nobody cares or loves/likes me so don’t have a reason to be here. It’s not like anyone will miss me or J have a purpose to live.
8 Replies 8

Sophie_M
Hey Potato_Me,

Thanks for joining us on the forums tonight. 

We're sorry to hear how distressed you feel. We can hear that school is a real burden at the moment and we acknowledge how isolating and stressful school life can be. Would you mind sharing with us a bit more about why you might be feeling sad all the time? We've sent a private message to check in with you, we'd love to hear back from you. 

We'd recommend you get in touch with Kids Help Line. They are a confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged 25 and under. We’d also welcome you to reach out to our Support Service, which is available 24/7 by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport.

Please remember to reach out when you're feeling overwhelmed and need to talk it through. You're never alone. In these moments you can get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

We hope that you keep checking in to let us know how you're going, whenever you feel up to it.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Potato_me~

I'm writing to you firstly so you do not feel alone with nobody caring. It is easy to feel that way when circumstances are not good and people that might give sympathy, understanding and help simply fail you.

Secondly I wanted to say I'm pleased Sophie_M has already greeted you , she give pretty good advice. I'm familiar with all three links she has recommended and the Kids Help Line is my favorite. You can web-chat if you do not feel like talking. Either way they are experienced, realistic and can be a real comfort to talk with - plus you can talk more than once on the phone line and need not keep on explaining things.

Because you feel as bad as you so I'm worried about you, particularly as I remember feeling that way myself. Fortunately now my life has changed and I no longer feel there is no way out and life is pointless. In fact life is pretty good, though I'd not have believed any one who said it could be at the time.

I don't just want pt give you general thoughts and advice, you deserve better.

To allow Sophie and I to help you would you like to say a little more abut your life, partly just general things like what sort of family you have, and partly the things that are distressing you at the moment, and how long you have been feeling this way.

Do you think you might do that? It would steer us in the right direction

Croix

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Potato_me

Its really good to have you as part of Beyond Blue. I understand your pain as these are difficult times we are all experiencing

You are strong for posting...It took me weeks to write my own thread topic when I joined the forums

We are here and care about how you feel

I really hope you can stick around or contact our friends at Kids Help Line....for people 25 and under 🙂

you are always welcome!

Paul

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello again, Potato_me 🥔, I have found your thread, & am still glad I have found you on the forum. I'm sad you feel so sad all the time. That kind of pain & misery is, as you say, hard to live with. But you've got a lot of strength to join & write your feelings here.

I'd like to talk more, but for the moment, I would rather you were making a phone call or two, as suggested.

If you need to catch your breath, don't worry, you can call back again.

mmMekitty

I'll be back again, too.

chadicha
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey, I want you to know you truly are loved, even if its hard to feel or see. Your pain and sadness are not who you are, it is just what you are going through.

I remember in school when i felt the same as you, i didn't think anyone cared for me as no one really showed it. I was always kept to myself, stressed, felt rejected and really depressed. Every day felt like it was on replay, and sometimes it felt like my life was over, and i was drained with no real energy or passion inside.

But my life has changed, and i am a lot happier now. If theres anything i want you to hold onto- it's hope. Within the thickness and darkness of a tunnel, you won't always be able to see the light. Remember that. School can be a very cruel and cold place, and often when you leave is when you really begin to find yourself, your purpose and passions, which is exactly what happened to me.

If there is anything i ask you to do, is to remember how strong you are- how far you've come already and the truth is that you will come out on the other side and the endurance is well worth it.

Just as in life there are seasons- so you too will go through them. Right now and for however long you've been feeling this way, you are in a dark place. This place is not you. You are so much more than where you are at, who is around you and what you have or haven't done. You are worth so much just as you. You are so strong and brave and i am immensely proud of how you have lifted yourself up and carried yourself throughout these times.

Rod32
Community Member

Hi I'm Rod and I'm a real person. To say I understand and feel your pain sounds so false. However I can tell you that at your stage in life and how you feel is not uncommon, do you have a friend or teacher that you can talk to, I lost two children and have never recovered, and I know you would not like to give anyone that sort of grief. When I was young and felt bad I was advised by a lady I met to try and help others in any way possible.

I did that and it definitely made me feel better and at the time a little proud of myself. It's not a panacea for everything but does give a more positive attitude. You are young and I will not lie to you, you will always experience rough times now and then but I'm sure you have the courage to overcome the setbacks.

Do you play any sports or enjoy outings with friends.

Take a deep,deep breath look at yourself in the mirror and be proud

I will look for your posts while I can.

Cheers Rod

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Potato me 🥔

Wellcome to our forums!

Im really sorry you are feeling this way.

I understand I didn’t like School very much myself and in primary school I’d find myself sitting alone at lunch and recess it always made me feel sad.

Life did get better for me after finishing school but further into my life I experienced severe anxiety OCD it was a really horrible condition to go through.

I seeked professional help and I’m now recovered and life couldn’t be better.

Life changes what you are feeling now is temporary.

Have you been able to speak to your parents about the way you are feeling?

You could also speak to your gp about the way you are feeling I’m sure they would want to help you…. You could even take your parents to the appointment if it makes you feel better?

I believe we all have a purpose in life and I believe YOU do too……. Sometimes we don’t really realise our life purpose until later in life…..

Please stay here with us 😊 life really can get better for you..

Please ask me anything

Not_Limited
Community Member

Hi Potato_me

How are you today? I have two teenagers and know life in school can be really tough. I have listened to so many of their friend's stories and difficulties and I love talking to them. Would you tell me some more about you?