FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I need advice

Detective_S
Community Member

Hi before I begin I do want to clarify I am safe.

I’m struggling at the moment. I’ve been overwhelmed by this feeling of having no where to go. I don’t feel like I can talk to anyone irl about this as there’s just so much going on but I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to die but I can’t even see a future for myself.

I keep trying to tell myself it’ll get better but I can’t see it doing so at the moment. I’m burnt out, I’m under the pump and can’t find the light at the end of the tunnel.

How do I move away from this feeling? I’m starting to lose hope.

Again, I am safe, just so tired.

Detective S.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Detective S, hen anybody is struggling with their own type of depression, they can't see the future because all their negative thoughts dominant everything.

Let's place you in a room where all the blinds are closed, so the room is dark, representing any mental health issue, then if you open all the blinds, the room becomes bright, this doesn't mean that any type of depression will suddenly go because it won't, as anything unexpectedly may happen which you might not be prepared for, so you need to take it slowly and try to work on something small to improve your condition.

Hope can be impossible at times because you may not be able to see past that, just try and do something you weren't able to do yesterday and let your feelings develop slowly, remember opening all the blinds won't achieve anything.

Wish you the best.

Geoff.

Athenry
Community Member
If you feel you need to talk, we’re here to listen. I know for me personally I suffer from anxiety and the people here are so kind and insightful and have some great ideas on managing the day to day. If you feel comfortable talking, it may help you to lighten the load.