FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I’m lost

Betty Moon
Community Member

What am l doing 

5 Replies 5

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Betty Moon…

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums…

RUOK?….We are all here for you and want so much to help support you the best we can…

Do you feel up to talking at all?….It’s really hard to make our first post and reach out to strangers……I think you done very well…..It’s okay if your not really comfortable or feel ready right now about talking about what brings you here, if you want to, we could talk about anything at all until you feel more comfortable with theses amazing forums….I would love so much to get to know you better….if that’s okay?…

Thinking of you with kindness and my care….and hope so much that you will call back in and please let us know how your feelin…

Grandy..

On The Road
Community Member

Hi Betty Moon,

I'm sorry that you have been feeling this way. I assume that things must be tough for you... "What am I doing" is a sentence that has been constantly popping up in my mind for years from time to time... I reckon it’s okay to be where we need to figure out what to do when we feel lost... one thing I learned is to accept the status of feeling lost to some degree, which sort of made me feel less anxious and less stressed, and calmer. 

Sorry that words can't simply alleviate your pain, but we are here to listen. If you're comfortable, feel free to share more about your thoughts here. 

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Betty Moon

Do you feel like you're standing still, trying to get your bearings, while not knowing which way to go at this point?

'Lost' can involve such a compilation of emotions/feelings - agitation, depression or great sadness, heartbreak, confusion, despair, hopelessness, rage (sometimes towards other people who we desperately wish would step in as guides who can relate to where we are) and the list goes on. The internal dialogue that 'lost' brings about can be brutal at times and so hard to manage. I'm so glad you came here, in the hope of finding your way while giving yourself freedom of expression.

Not sure if it will help but I find to know, without a doubt, when I am completely and utterly lost becomes my starting point. This tells me that what I need is guidance more than anything else in life. In other words, my life depends on guidance. I'm a 52yo gal who still feels occasions of being so overwhelmingly lost at times. Finding our way through the toughest of times and through the darkest parts of our path is something we should never beat our self up over, for the skills involved in navigating life are typically never taught to us. Often, such skills are developed as we go along. A seriously tough and sometimes deeply depressing way to learn, that's for sure. I've found one of the toughest challenges can involve 'waking up' to find the people who've been leading us in some way or those whose direction we've been following have been leading us in the wrong direction and this can point to why we can feel so lost at times, all of a sudden - We've suddenly woken up to find where we should not be. 'Which way to go from here?' becomes the question ❤️

Junior1962
Community Member

Hi Betty

Can you tell us more about how you feel lost? 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Betty. You have received a number of replies from supportive people in the community here. I hope you are doing OK and when you are ready, you might be able to come and share more of your story. Listening... .