FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I keep on thinking about death

lily_2680
Community Member
All I can think about is death, I honestly don't know why I should even try anymore. The voices in my head are telling me to hurt myself but I can't hurt myself right now. I don't want to be here and I'm at the point where I think I need someones help or to go to a hospital or something because I can handle this. A while ago someone told me to go to a pysch ward but I don't know what to do (I'm safe).
17 Replies 17

Sophie_M
Hi lily_2680,

Thanks for reaching out to this community. We understand it can be tough to post for the first time, so we are grateful you decided to reach out. We're so sorry to hear that you are struggling with your thoughts of self-harming and are feeling quite hopeless about the situation. We understand that this must be overwhelming. We are getting in touch with you by email to offer some extra support.

We would strongly recommend that you get in touch with Kids Helpline - https://kidshelpline.com.au/
It might help to talk it out whenever you're feeling overwhelmed. Kids Helpline counsellors can be contacted 24/7 by young people 25 and under via telephone and also via webchat if you go through the website provided.

Headspace is another organisation we would recommend, they are specifically for young people aged 12-25 and they offer a wide range of services including counselling and group programs. They also have a group chat on their webpage - https://headspace.org.au/

Many of our members will understand and may be able to help. If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you.

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi lily, if u need to go to a hospital, that's OK. I've been.

I struggle with thoughts myself similar to us and feel scared a lot.

The good thing is in hospital u get assigned a Dr who comes to see u in Ur room regularly, so in a way it's intensive support. There are other alternatives to hopsital.

I just wanted to let u know many ppl have felt where u are now, and got help, and recovered.

I don't know if there's a pysch ward where I live and even if there is I don't know how I will explain it to my parents that I need to go there. My parents don't know how I feel right now and I don't know how they would react so I am scared.

Hi lily, I'm not sure how old unare, are u a teen or in Ur twenties ?

If u live in a city there would be a pscyh ward in Ur nearest public hopsital.

u can also call them on the phone

https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/crisis-management

U could call the hosptial on the phone, they usually have mental health catt teams who can access u over the phone and see if u need to be in a hopsital or they can make other suggestions.

Let us know if u need help finding the number for us.

I'm in my teens. I could try to call the hospital , what's the number?

Ji lily, check the link, it would be the hospital nearest to Ur locatio . Which state are u in? Check the link I gave you for the number of the place in Ur state.

Or try find out which public hipsital u live near. If u make a mistake and call the wrong one, they'll tell u which one to call.

Or maybe the moderators can kindly follow up and provide some nos for u, since I can't provide links?

Dear Sleepy21 and Lily_2680

Sleepy21, thank you kindly for providing Lily_2680 with incredible support. 

It appears that you are located in Western Australia, so the number to contact is 1800 676 822
Please do not hesitate to contact our support service for further support by phone on 1300 22 4636 or on Webchat 3pm-12am AEST on our website: www.beyondblue.org.au/getsupport. We can assist you with referrals and crisis support options.
Lily_2680, we have also emailed you, so please check your emails for further information.