FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I just need to vent

ohnocleo
Community Member
I don’t really know what to do anymore and I just need to let it out. My mental health has been deteriorating lately to the point where I think about suicide everyday. I think I have BPD and ever since figuring that out I’ve basically just accepted that life will never be easy and I’ll probably end up alone. I just need to make it to Friday. It’s only 5 days and I booked an appointment with GP to ask to be prescribed anti depressants. I’m gonna try but making it to Friday seems impossible at this point
3 Replies 3

Sophie_M
Hi Ohnocleo,

Thank you for posting and joining the Beyond Blue Community. We want to welcome you here and applaud you for already reaching out for support. Often things can seem it’s worse as we move towards seeking help as we are worried that no matter what we try, things won’t be better.  Often the first step is the most difficult, so you have done tremendously well so far.
We will be sending you an email privately to see how we can support you further as it seems like you are in a dark place at the moment.

We also strongly urge that in overwhelming moments you get in touch with our friends at Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467).

Please feel free to keep reaching out here on your thread whenever you feel up to it.

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ohnocleo,

Wellcome to our forums!

Im sorry you are feeling this way.

Thats great that you have made an appointment with your gp….. can you see your gp before Friday?

If you are feeling in distress you can go to your hospital emergency department and discuss how you are feeling…

I understand mental health conditions can be difficult, I had severe anxiety OCD I’ve now recovered from this condition thanks to the professional help I received.

Hang in there

Im here to chat

Positive_vibes89
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear ohnocleo, sorry to hear that you are experiencing a tough time. I understand how you feel. I myself feel like my own mental health is deteriorating too, it can be difficult trying to figure out ways of how to cope. I suggest you get into contact with a crisis line due to your idealation you can call the suicide call back service on 1300 659 467 or the beyond blue phone line 1300 224 636.

With BPD, there are many people who life a quality life through management of psychological therapies and medication management. In our society it is possible for a person with a mental health disorder to live a whole life. But, it is difficult to self diagnose a mental illness, that is the job of a psychiatrist or a GP. Many signs and symptoms can manifest towards different mental health illnesses or disorders. So i suggest you wait until friday to speak with your GP. Dr google is not your best friend, googling symptoms can lead to anxiety. I used to Dr good and each time I did it told me I was either pregnant or that I had a live threatening diease! I stopped doing that now I go see my GP.

Please get into contact with a support line, and keep writing to you through the week. We all care about your wellbeing and want to support you. We at beyond blue are a lovely friendly bunch.