FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I just feel so sad

Ripley21
Community Member
I’m sorry for wasting your time. There are others that need you more but, the thing is that my teens are growing up. This is common, I know, the fact that they push me away is normal and healthy but... the thing is I have anxiety I am on meds for this but their words hurt me. Sometimes when I am down I hurt myself, it makes me feel better. It makes me feel alive. I feel anxious posting this, I may not come back and I think I will delete this message and my account.
4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hey Ripley21,

Thank you for reaching out tonight and you're most certainly not wasting our time! We're really glad for the opportunity to provide some support and advice around your situation. We're so sorry to hear how anxious you've been feeling, particularly, about your children growing up and the possibility of them pushing you away. We can imagine this would be quite frightening and so hurtful to imagine them leaving. Please know you're not alone in feeling this way and some of our community members will be able to share their experiences on this matter.

In addition to this, there are always counsellors available via phone for your most difficult moments. Some of these 24/7 services include Lifeline on 13 11 14 or via webchat which you can access through the link provided: https://www.lifeline.org.au/Get-Help/Online-Services/crisis-chat ( The online chat is available 7pm-12am). 

The Suicide Call Back Service is also available on 1300 659 467 or via webchat through there website: https://www.suicidecallbackservice.org.au/phone-and-online-counselling/suicide-call-back-service-onl...

If you would like to post further, please tell us more about what's on your mind and how we can best help support you.

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Ripley21

Your worries and troubles are as valid as anyone else's and we're glad you posted here. Welcome! This is an anonymous and safe space, with lots of supportive people here to talk to. I remember being a mum of a teen as really challenging, and if you're dealing with MH issues it's not surprising that things are difficult. I wonder if you know of any support services in your area for parenting teens? There used to be a parenting line that I would ring and talk through different situations with, and they were really helpful. The Beyond Blue helpline may be able to direct you to some, or you could chat to your GP, if that's something you think might be helpful.

Please don't feel as though your concerns aren't worthy of sharing. It would be great to hear more from you if you feel up to chatting. Katy

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Ripley, and a warm welcome to the site and understand that some comments can be more serious than others, but anyone who comes here to either post a comment or just read what other people have to say is a person crying out for help, so your comment is very important and will be addressed as such and by no means are you wasting our time.

People who take any medication for any type of depression, and anxiety is included in this, doesn't mean that everything is going to be OK all of the time, it's virtually impossible because we have to face different situations some of which we have not been prepared for, so it can affect our mood, that's understandable, and you must realise that because you take them doesn't make you infallible.

Sometimes when people feel emotional pain they transfer this feeling into physical pain and if asked why they can't answer that because it temporarily makes you feel better, but just for a short time.

You can contact Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800 either by phone, webchat or online by trained counsellors, but more importantly, we'd like to hear back from you.

Your story is of great concern to us and please take care.

Geoff.

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Ripley21,

A very warm and caring welcome to our forums..

Please don’t be sorry at all...you are definitely not wasting our time at all....and I really do hope that you don’t delete your account, by joining us here you have joined a beautiful and caring forum family..and we would love so much to get to know you better....Its entirely up to you how much you wish to share....if your uncomfortable sharing, how about just talking about what what you want to talk about, until your more comfortable with us...We really would love to try our very best to support you in any way we can...you are a very important person to us...Thank you so much for reaching out to us...

I am so very sorry that you feel so sad....I wish so much that I could give you a warm comforting hug...Please continue to talk here when you feel up to it...Sitting next to you dear Ripley...with my care..

Grandy..