FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don’t know how much longer i can do this

alexis123
Community Member
I’ve dealt with anxiety and depression and ptsd for 13 years, i’m at my breaking point, I’ve done almost every therapy, medicine, and anything to help myself,  I don’t want to live in this world and feel like this, I have no future plans, jobs or any motivation for anything. just needed to vent. Also sending love to everyone who is hurting and struggling x 
3 Replies 3

Pedro1920
Community Member

Hello Alexis, I have been where you are and it doesn't get easier to deal with. You have to grit and bear it until you feel happier or less frantic. I recently joined a sporting club and go for a run with like minded people. We are all there having a laugh and a go, it keeps me sain for a little while. One thing I have learnt is that life is not plain sailing, it's turbulent and aggressive to say the least. So when times get bad I know it is just them playing their part, and I am waiting and hoping for the good times to appear, and when they do holy crap it's good, I laugh, talk to people and enjoy myself. Please hang in there Alexis and know you are not alone. Many hugs and kisses. 

james1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hey alexis123,

I'm sorry to hear you feel like you are at your breaking point after trying so many things for the last 13 years. Please do make sure you call emergency services if you are at risk of hurting yourself, as it can come in waves sometimes.

Otherwise, we're here if you want to vent a bit more or just talk a little while. As Pedro1920 mentioned, life can be really turbulent and we're here to ride it out with you.

James

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Alexis,

I’m so sorry you are going through this difficult time. It’s kind of you to think of others as well. Sometimes it’s good to vent and say how you feel.

I’ve had struggles myself so I sympathise. I also have no job and have been processing some difficult grief and complex trauma as well as dealing with health issues. I’ve had trouble seeing a way forward too. But after a long period of difficulty I’m starting to feel I’m turning a corner and want you to know it’s possible. At my worst I’ve called Lifeline and the BB helpline. Mostly it’s been helpful and the one time it wasn’t I called again after an few minutes and then got a lovely man who just chatted with me in a friendly way and I started to feel normal again. Sometimes you just need meaningful human contact and to know there are people out there who are caring. No matter how alone you feel there is always someone out there you can talk to.

It’s taken me a long time to learn to reach out for help when I most need it and it took me to get to breaking point in recent times to finally ask for help when I’m really not ok. That feeling of a breaking point can sometimes be the turning point where things start to improve - the storm before the calm as someone once said to me. Sending you love and calming energy 🙏