FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I can't do it, I give up!

Kitty88
Community Member

Everything is so hard, I've lost so much and dealing with so much also in regards to mental health...

Today I feel I'm at my wit's end, the stress and drama is too much, I give up! 

I'm not made for this world, I don't need to be in it! This isn't me here anymore

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

The ups and downs can overwhelm us, no denying that. The best you can do is to carve your own life in such a way that your life is on your terms, not society's terms.

As examples here is some of the changes I've made in the last 40 years-

• Moved to a regional area from the city
  • Rejected all narcissistic people including a few manipulating family members
  • Changed professions to one where I worked alone
  • Got a dog
  • Found my soul mate
  • Eliminated anxiety
  • Stayed away from committees and politics
  • Sought spiritual belonging.
  • Accepted some days just aren't good

If you'd like to expand on your troubles please do. I hope you feel better soon.

TonyWK 

therising
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Kitty88

Something you mentioned led me to think far more consciously for which I am grateful to you. You mention 'I am not made for this world'.

I think we can be made for this world but not survive through the ways in which we are shaped to live in it. We can be made into a people pleaser and suffer by putting others ahead of our self. We can be made to not question and suffer through a lack of questioning others' behaviour, including their neglect. We can be made to endure, to simply cope with what's intolerable and therefor not learn to scream in a way that leads people to wake up. We are made or shaped for this world in so many ways that don't serve us.

Being sensitive, with the ability to feel so much, I have found I am naturally made for this world to feel anger, to feel rage, to feel what's depressing, to feel what hopelessness feels like so I know when to walk away from it in search of hope. I am naturally made not to tolerate what feels intolerable. I am made not to simply cope but to find and feel greater understanding in myself and all things around me. I am not made to endure and feel long term pain, mental and physical. I am made to find people who invent solutions to pain, as opposed to finding those who insist there are none. I am made to rebel against systems, not tolerate them when they're weak and useless and don't serve me.

Waking up to how intolerable this world can be is such a brutal process. It can be depressing, infuriating and can even feel soul destroying at times. Waking up to feeling everything so deeply can be taxing and exhausting. It can feel lonely and overwhelming. Being asleep to the point where ignorance is bliss can be a time that comes to be so sorely missed. Being fully awake is far from easy and sometimes so deeply deeply painful.

My heart goes out to you❤️