FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

how am i supposed to cope with constant suicidal ideation?

fangface
Community Member

i feel so lost, i don't know who to talk to or what to tell them and i need help

i've attempted in the past but right now nobody close to me knows just how bad things have gotten. i'm constantly switching between wanting to get help and wanting to let myself spiral. i don't know what to say anymore other than i'm tired. i started seeing a new therapist this week (i recently turned 18 and my last therapist, through cahms, stopped seeing me). i'm in a constant state of empty and it won't stop no matter what i do, no matter how many good days or distractions i have. a hospital stay is very anxiety-inducing for me as i don't like being away from home at night but it's all i can think of, and i don't even think they would admit me in my current state.

where do i go now? what do i do?

4 Replies 4

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi fangface,

Im so sorry you are feeling this way I understand that it would be really hard for you right now but please keep going because there is HOPE for you and you CAN recover from what you are going through with the correct help.

Im so glad you are here and that you have found us.

Have you been able to open up to your therapist about the way you are currently feeling?

Or have you been able to open up to your gp about the way you are currently feeling?

Sophie_M
Hi fangface

Welcome to the forums and to this very supportive community. We're really sorry to hear that you're having these intense feelings at the moment and that they are having such an impact on your life.

We can hear that you are bravely working at finding solutions for yourself and we acknowledge the strength you have shown in doing so. We want you to know that you never have to go through this alone, and support is always here for you.

Please remember that if you feel unsafe at anytime, it is important to call 000 straight away.

We've reached out to you privately to make sure you're ok. If you are comfortable to do so, we would encourage you to reach out to our Beyond Blue counsellors to talk this through on 1300 22 4636, and you can reach us online here. There's also our friends over at the Suicide Call Back service on 1300 659 467, or Lifeline on 13 11 14.

Please keep sharing your words on our forums. You may like to join other conversations that resonate with you, to read about other members journey to better mental health.

Warm regards

Sophie M

Chris_Tas
Community Member

Try to hang in there.

Taking your life isn't the answer.

It might seem so in the immediate mindset, but it can and will change.

I should know, I felt that way too but I feel much better prepared now.

Check the safety plan thread and my own thread for some ideas to help you cope.

Good luck.

ktac1689
Community Member

Hi fangface,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Please reach out to your GP for a referral to a new therapist since you are now 18. Do not give up. You are special and deserve to live and be happy.