FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Housemate from hell experience

Tote442
Community Member

This story is too crazy for words.

It has got so bad here that I have developed suicidal ideation again. I feel panic attacks come on some days. I feel like a prisoner in my own house. And yes, I'm working on getting out of here. It is not safe for me. I don't know what will happen to me if I don't get out of here soon. It's absolutely unbearable, it's unliveable. I'm calling Beyond Blue almost every day. Please help someone.

2 Replies 2

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Tote442

What an awful situation to be in.

You could also call 1800 RESPECT (1800 737732. This is The National Sexual Assault Family and Domestic Violence Counselling Line. If you want, google '1800respect' & immediately you will see options via links for 'chat' or their website as well.

In the meantime, keep yourself safe as you can. If you feel in immediate danger, try to get out & please call the 000 - police.

& talk here if you want.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Bob_22
Community Member

Hi Tote442,

Sorry to hear about the situation you're in at the moment. As mmMekitty suggested, 1800respect is a good resource for those in abusive relationships. Also be sure to contact your local police station if you feel unsafe. If you're looking for emergency accommodation in the meantime, AskIzzy is a good website to turn to: https://askizzy.org.au/ 

It's been a few days since you posted. How are things going at the moment?

Bob