FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

hopeless and very confused

Giggyy
Community Member

i recently finished high school and im meant to go into uni, but i never planned this far because i have been suicidal for all my teen years; i dont have a dream job or any goals/aspirations and now just getting through each day isnt enough because i have to make huge life desicions, but its so hard to do when i dont even want to be alive to begin with - i just feel so hopeless and lost and more than anything i feel scared,  i dont know how to live and i lack so much knowledge because i didnt think it would matter (cause i assumed id already be dead by now...)

2 Replies 2

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

hello and welcome.

it sounds as though you fear what might happen (next). 😞

I don't know how you did at school. You can tell me if you want. In some ways that does not matter. I can say that, because there are others in the same year that I was in highschool who repeated year 12 because they did not get into the course they wanted. There are also some that will take a take a gap year between year 12 and future studies to work out what they want to do. There are others who get into the Uni and then find it is not what they thought it was. There are alternatives if you want to chat about that.

The other part I want to ask you about is whether you have spoken to your parents? Do they know? 

Or you there are problems telling them then perhaps contacting kids help line might be able to listen to you and perhaps some options.

The fact you posted here shows courage and strength. If you want to have a chat about things I am about - even if you want to tell me your story. Because you are worth it.

Giggyy
Community Member

thanks for responding 🙂

- i surprisingly did ok in the hsc because it gave me an external goal to meet and i wanted to make my teachers proud; but i just dont know what to do with my life now that its over and i have to make decisions for myself - its tricky to get the motivation to keep going, except for being able to see my friends but even thats not quite enough anymore 

i havent spoken to my parents or pyschologist because its difficult to talk about but i will try kids helpline thanks for the advice and for talking to me 🙂