FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling nauseous & tired . . . just want to sleep

fred4761
Community Member
I feel so nauseous at the moment. I am not sure if it is from lack of sleep, stress or illness. I have been having problems with food and my gut and digestion but have yet to get to the bottom of things. My OCD and anxiety really play up at the thought of being sick. I just don’t want to feel sick anymore.
5 Replies 5

sunnyl20
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey fred4761,

I'm really sorry to hear you are struggling so much physically right now - it sounds like it is having a significant effect on your mental health too. You mentioned that you are yet to get to the bottom of things - this can be so challenging, I'm really sorry you don't have the answers yet, that uncertainty can feel so stressful.

Have you been able to talk to a doctor about how debilitating the nausea is for you? Is there anything that you find helps the nausea?

I really hope you start to feel better soon. Take care.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Fred I feel sick all the time from my anxiety.See your doctor to see if they can find the cause of it if it is medical or phycholigical.

fred4761
Community Member
Thanks for the responses and for the mods contacting me. I was in a terrible way the other day when I wrote that post. Today is not so great either but I at least I am not feeling in a self harm kind of way. Today I have just been crying so much. I don't even know what is wrong. I mean that nothing in particular has happened, yet I don't think I've ever cried this much in my life (well, except when grieving). I feel so out of control with my body.

Hi Fred,

Thanks for checking in. We're glad you're feeling a little better but it still sounds like you're having a tough time. As you know, the peer support offered here is often quick, but it isn't immediate. For immediate support we recommend reaching out to our Support Service by phone on 1300 22 4636 if you feel up to talking or by webchat (available 1pm to midnight AEST) here: https://online.beyondblue.org.au/#/chat/start

Please keep checking in here whenever you feel up to it.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi fred4761, welcome.

I'm sorry you've been struggling with fatigue and nausea. Have you seen a GP about this if you don't mind me asking?

It could be anxiety. As Mark said, he feels sick from anxiety all the time, so do I, it's definitely common. Feeling like you have knots and butterflies in your stomach. That's perfectly normal.

I hope you feel better soon, and can see a GP to discuss these things and get to the bottom of it.

We're here for you, best of luck. I hope the nausea and fatigue subsides.