FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

Guest8901
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Enjoyed listening to a song by Glen Campbell this morning - "Try a little kindness", which gave me a feeling of warmth on an otherwise down day:

If you see your brother standing by the road
With a heavy load from the seeds he's sowed
And if you see your sister falling by the way
Just stop and say, you're going the wrong way

You got to try a little kindness
Yes show a little kindness
Just shine your light for everyone to see
And if you try a little kindness
Then you'll overlook the blindness
Of narrow-minded people on the narrow-minded streets

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I love that song Amanda, it's so simple and lovely ... and now i will have it in my head all day!

I hope you can try a little kindness towards yourself today Amanda. You deserve it ❤

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.

🌻birdy

Guest8901
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Birdy. I havent seen you around in quite a while. Are you okay? Other than my own thread, this is probably the best place to reach you. So I'm reaching out to you by posting a couple of words of wisdom, encouragement and comfort here.

"Today I close the door on the past, Open a door to the future, Take a deep breath, Step through, and Begin a new Chapter in my Life".

"Sometimes its just better to remain silent, and smile".

"Three things you should never break - promises, trust and somebody's heart".

"You may be sad because you've been through a lot, but be proud for being strong enough for making it through".

I hope some or all of these inspire, comfort and encourage others.

Amanda

Love the last two Amanda 🙂

My mum had a wall hanging of the something very similar to the second to last one and I always loved it 🙂

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Awesome words Amanda. I also echo her concern. Birdy we haven't seen you around for a couple of days. What's new for you?

I have no words of wisdom atm.

Kind regardsPamelaR

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Blessing by John O'Donoghue

On the day when
the weight deadens
on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance
to balance you.

And when your eyes
freeze behind
the grey window
and the ghost of loss
gets in to you,
may a flock of colours,
indigo, red, green,
and azure blue
come to awaken in you
a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
in the currach of thought
and a stain of ocean
blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters
a path of yellow moonlight
to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow
wind work these words
of love around you,
an invisible cloak
to mind your life.

From Anam Cara: A Book of Celtic Wisdom by John O'Donoghue

PamelaR
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hello everyone

Birdy, I loved your poem from Anam Cara. Especially the last paragraph - the beauty of the wind working an invisible cloak to mind your life. Very visually pleasing. Thank you so much for sharing.

My contribution for today is by Sylvia Plath -

I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited.

🐰 🐇 🙋

ᕼᗩᑭᑭY ᕮᗩSTᕮᖇ ᗷIᖇᗪY!

𝓢𝓔𝓩 𝔁𝓸

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you Pammy for the words from Sylvia Plath. Experiencing all the shades and tones of experience is a good reminder for us to strive to accept ourselves, our thoughts, feelings and woundedness.

Thank you Amanda for contributing your encouraging quotes, I'm sorry i missed acknowledging your post earlier.

Thank you Sez for your Easter greetings, i can finally see all your fancy-pants fonts! My phone software needed an update 🦖

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I think of the trees and how simply they let go, let fall the riches of a season, how without grief (it seems) they can let go and go deep into their roots for renewal and sleep.... Imitate the trees. Learn to lose in order to recover, and remember that nothing stays the same for long, not even pain, psychic pain. Sit it out. Let it all pass. Let it go.

May Sarton

From her Journal of a Solitude.