FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

To all the beautiful people 🌞

Words placed in a particular order can have a profound effect on us.

Words can bring us a moment of comfort, give us a different perspective, or change the course of our thinking and outlook entirely.

I would like this to be a space where we share quotes that have meaning to us or that have the potential to bring some comfort or encouragement to somebody, even if just for the moment in which they are reading it.

I will start.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." - Mary Anne Radmacher

Go gently with yourselves lovely people.

🌻birdy

839 Replies 839

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Birdy

Nice idea for a thread. I think there is another thread asking for favourite quotes, but perhaps we can expand this to include longer quotes and poems that hold some significance for us. Here is one I like.

The Trough

There is a trough in waves,
a low spot
where horizon disappears
and only sky
and water
are our company.

And there we lose our way
unless
we rest, knowing the wave will bring us
to its crest again.

There we may drown
if we let fear
hold us within its grip and shake us
side to side
and lead us flailing, torn, disoriented.

But if we rest there
in the trough,
in silence,
being with
the low part of the wave,
keeping our energy and
noticing the shape of things,
the flow,
then time alone
will bring us to another
place
where we can see
horizon, see the land again,
regain our sense
of where
we are,
and when we need to swim.
Judy Brown

I hope you also find a meaning in this.

Mary

Birdy77
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Wow, Mary.

That moved me to tears.

I want that on my wall.

(Sorry if I've created a thread that already existed? I did search first to try avoid that ...)

Thank you for that powerful piece of poetry.

That spoke to my soul.

🌻birdy

l've been collecting them the last few years, some funny. One day l'm gonna write them all out on a big card and frame it and hang it on the wall.

Anyway ,this is just a new one l heard the other day and having foot in mouth at times well, l thought if only my dad taught me this one when l was a kid. The host on the show said ot was one of his dads sayings.

"Never pass up a good opportunity to shut up."

l like it.

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey Birdy

Congrats on a an excellent thread topic 🙂 🙂

'Dont forget to affix your own oxygen mask first before attempting to resuscitate anyone else'

My Best and Nice1 Birdy!

Paul

Sapphire_
Community Member

Birdy77, I love that quote from Marry Anne Radmacher, thank you for posting it.

My favorite quotes are-

Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -George Bernard Shaw

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -Dr Suess

They might not help anyone but to me they are special. I hope it was ok to post them.

Hi Birdy 🌻

I think this is a great idea 🙂

Personally, I like:

Beneath every strong, independent woman lies a broken little girl who had to learn how to get back up again and to never depend on anyone.

- unknown

Without action, the best intentions in the world are nothing more than that: intentions.

- Jordan Belfort

Pepper xoxo

Peppermintbach
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Back again...I feel respecting fundamental human rights underpin everything.

That being said:

Human rights is the only ideology that deserves to survive.

- unknown

If men care about women’s rights, the world will be a better place. We are better off when women are empowered - it leads to a better society.

- John Legend

Pepper xoxo

I haven't seen the other thread for a while so it may have just died away. There were lots of quotes in the same vein as above, but many of our newer posters may not have read them. I thought this thread could have a wider application than one-liner quotes, fantastic as they are.

The poem above is part of my collection of poems, quotes, extracts, songs that have touched me in some significant way. I keep saying I'm going to print them out and keep them in a book for handy reference. Getting into the computer isn't always possible. Besides it's good to hold the printed word and read from it in a way that sitting in front of a computer screen misses.

If you are happy to broaden the parameters who knows what hidden gems may come to life. Meanwhile this is great.

Mary

Birdy

The other quotes thread is in Forums / BB Social Zone / Quotes that I like

Some great stuff there. Started by CMF in Oct 2016. Perhaps short quotes could go in there and we could stay with those in your topic. Words of comfort, encouragement and wisdom. I think there is quite a difference between the two.

Mary