FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Which guilty pleasures do u spend $$ on?

monkey_magic
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi All,

For me it's lotto, poker machines and hotel stays.

Ive been lucky and won small sums of money which entice me to go back for more. I've been one number short of a first division lotto win twice. I've also won the venues $1000 win while playing a pokie.

I like change which is the reason for my hotel stays. I usually stay for one or two nights to explore a new area.

What are your guilty pleasures?

117 Replies 117

Loco23
Community Member

Hi Monkey_Magic

I like your idea of staying for two nights to explore a new area.

Unfortunately my guilty pleasure is probably over doing the transition from morning to afternoon readyness. A lot of people just wake up on a Saturday morning have breakfast and shower and head out for the day. I unfortunately like to wake up - not move for about 5mins, stay in bed watching some Youtube for 20 - 30 mins.... AND THEN go and grab breakfast haha. I'm definitely not a morning person.

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MM

Chocolate deserts (I'm on a diet), buying more on-line books and DVDs than I should, and worst of all not picking up the phone if I don't want to talk then feeling peace afterwards and being glad abut it.

Pretty ordinary stuff I'm afraid

Croix

Guest5643
Community Member

Hi Monkeymagic

My guilty pleasures are buying more things for my very eclectic house. My latest purchase was a toucan bird feather. Ive never owned a credit card so thats a good thing.

Ps croix anything chocolate is seemed as essential medicine in my eyes😀

Cheers lynne

Hello,

Its been a pleasure to read about everyone's guilty pleasures. Staying in bed that bit longer is one of my guilty pleasures as well.

Croix I'm assuming they are diet choc desserts then. A good way trick the brain into believing you're eating something naughty.

Helium i bet your eclectic house looks wonderful!

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear MM

They were "unrighteous female sibling" desserts, NOT lo fat 🙂 My brain is not that easily tricked!

C

Hey Monkey Magic....great feel good thread topic by the way 🙂

hmmmm.....I sneak into JB HiFi and buy the odd 4K Blu Ray movie......only when they are on special of course 😉

Nice1 MM

Paul

Guest_9462
Community Member
Hey, a great topic..I used to have a gambling problem.now it's not a problem cause I hardly ever do it..but I buy lots of surf cloths..t-shirts, boardies, etc..and I cook great meals..so lots of food shopping...P.s..I make a mean spaghetti Bolognese with slightly spicy sauce..

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Monkey thanks for this thread.

While I feel guilty about many things I really wonder if I feel guilty about spending money on.

One pleasure but does not cost money(apart from having a TV) is to watch an English TV show about crime in villages or spending time on FB when I should be doing other things and like looking at catalogues , online and offline or staying bed typing on my ipad.

Quirky

Quirky

Aaronsis
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hey MM

I love the term guilty pleasures....and totally agree with Croix..chocolate deserts are the bomb! My all time favorite is chocolate self saucing pudding...low fat of course..lol

But for me it is to go to the local shopping centre and spend about $50 on a head, neck and shoulder massage...it takes me to another place and I can totally zone out and get rid of the days stuff...if I had my way I would have one everyday!

Great to chat to you all

AS