FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what is normal?

Crabby
Community Member
Hi, i am here to try to find out if what is happening in my head is normal and others experiance the same.
43 Replies 43

Gwen_777
Community Member

Hi Crabby

It's ok I'm terrible at spelling too....but in contrast... I love autocorrect 😬

Ive found that this is a great place to feel 'normal'

There are lots of people going thru different things at different times of their life

I've been down soooo low in the past

But I'm starting to feel better with more exercise and Sharing/ venting

I encourage you to express yourself in these forums....it's a great way to feel a bit better ☺

Crabby
Community Member
Hiya, been through a couple of low low downers but back and feeling great (nup) but better. crying a bit and getting the if only s but on the whole happy. was contacted by an old flame from about 30 yrs ago a while ago. brought back some past that i thought i had got rid of but seems it isnt so. but past is past and i cannot change that. how are you doing?

Crabby
Community Member
Hiya, i dont know wether you see my resondents to others or not so thought i better follow up yep moving along and handling what is dished out thank you. how about you?

Crabby
Community Member
Hi, it is weird like having 3 conversations at once here. do you see the other comments. 1 positive thing i did was drop my FB account. listening to others winge on about trivial matters was getting me down which i didn't realize until i wasn't hearing it any more. met a bloke in town with a similar attitude to me which is good. we dont say much or talk much but just know if you know what i mean. How are you going?

Hey Crabby

Good on you for getting back to everybody 🙂 Nice1

I have a piece of clipart that says "Facebook...Wasting Peoples lives since 2004"

I hear you Crabby....Its too taxing for my depression....I let it go about 10 years ago....and no regrets..

I hope you have been reasonably well

my kind thoughts

Paul

Wheremengo
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Crabby well dropping Facebook does that feel weird ? do you feel an important part of your life come back to you ?

I did the same a while ago because the stories were starting to make me get angry and I would not let go of the posts whinging about how the cat won't love them or traffic lights should be shorter, well my world was closing in on me. Delete delete delete that was the answer it was a good feeling and now I have started another account but I now know better how to control it and I feel wonderful, the best part is that nobody was injured in the deleting of Facebook.

yep it does feel like my arm has been cut off but every time i go to log on i think do i need other peoples issues as well as mine. nup so dont do it. funny though people actualy ring and talk to me. a whole new experiance. i will probably make a new account for just a few but not at this point. mind you the games pack on the computer is copping a hammering. best wishes to you.

Muddlee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Crabby,

Normal is completely subjective. There is no objective standard for normal out there. In others words, for me, normal is not normal! And this isn't superficial for me - I actually believe this. I suffer from GAD and low mood, and sometimes (even today) I question myself - "how would a normal person view this situation?" I was quite upset for having such a thought and actually laughed. I had to remind myself I was normal and despite my feelings having me believe that I'm "not normal" I truly am just another ordinary, human being dealing with real life problems that many people experience.

Hope this helps 🙂

Muddleee

Crabby
Community Member

thanks for the input mate. slow to respond i am sorry. went to the dark place and back and it was not so good this time but when i did get back about 3 weeks ago i have been in the happy place so havent been here. Still in the happy place but thought i better check in and see how things are going for others . Getting to think my normal is normal for me and stuff anyone else. they have their normal to so why cant I.

Do you mind my asking what your "low mood " is?

Gwen_777
Community Member

Hi Crabby

How are you going?

Have you found any new ways to feel better about things?

Ive had a few more rides on the roller coaster....

lots of ups and downs....

its tricky isn’t it.... but just got to keep going 🙂