FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

what is normal?

Crabby
Community Member
Hi, i am here to try to find out if what is happening in my head is normal and others experiance the same.
43 Replies 43

Hey wantalife

You are a legend

You said "What I believe is what is Normal is a place you are comfortable within
yourself" those who may be in state of suffering (It is for me
currently)"

Spot on wantalife...you rock!

Paul.......hey check your icicle thread too.....if you can

wantalife
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
I like we are all individual, and if we feel we don't fit in to mainstream.... Thats ok... in fact it's quite inspiring. Your own health will always be the most important and no.1 aspect that is.

wantalife
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Crabby... I cry every day without doubt. I here you buddy... Take Care

wantalife

your health is paramount to us here.....i have recovered and have nothing to whinge about...seriously.....you are too special to be crying everyday, Paul

wantalife
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Showing your true colours Paul.... In which most find a difficult thing to do. Pretty good team you guys have going here.

Crabby
Community Member
Made it through Christmas. Lots i could say but just thanks to you mate.

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Crabby, I've only just found this thread and want to say hi to you. I'm glad you got through Christmas. I did too. But I'm a bit sick of Christmas being something we have to 'get through'. I think I'll make Christmas optional next year.

I see you mentioned researching bipolar disorder. I agree with James that it's best to leave the diagnosing to the pros, but I also think it's good to be informed. So long as you're reading reputable resources, learning is never wasted. Just don't self-diagnose.

By the way, I'm bipolar. And I have my own normality (sometimes my own reality) which is fine by me now that I've accepted it. Personally I think normal is a useless word. No-one's normality is the same as anyone else's. And honestly, I see some 'marketing' type images of 'normal' - like all the sugary-sweet perfect families on the Christmas ads - and I feel a bit ill. I don't want their normal.

I'm more at home with people who are a bit off-beat. Intelligent, kind, funny, creative, caring people who think about stuff, speak their minds, challenge beliefs, don't conform for conformity's sake, and just be themselves. In many places, especially the more conservative small towns, I wouldn't be 'normal' either. Thank god.

Be who you are, that's enough.

Hope you keep talking here, I'd like to get to know you.

Cheers

Kaz

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Crabby,

how are you doing? Just wanted to check in on you.

Cmf

Crabby
Community Member
A Tuesday victum. I wrote about 1500 words which is a record for me. server fail. in essence i feel guilty using this forum to let off steam when there are people a lot worse off than me ( bad wording. there others that deserve more time would be a better way of putting that). yes i survived christmas but it was a commody of errors and family stuff ups which you couldnt right a stage play about. yes i am low educated and suggested i leave school in year 9 but did run a buisness for 25 years with a secretary that could spell as far as i could tell. I am currently headed back into the dark zone as i call it, I have 1 friend in this place who undrestands me but he is leaving. incredible that i live here for 40 + years and it still comes down to 1 friend. Thank you for your comments and yes i would like to continue a dialogue. (That is the wierdest thing, i know all the big words and what they mean but cannot right or spell for crap. I dont auto correct because that removes who i am. I live 2 live,s the life people see and my real life but if they meet then my real life would end. at least that is how i feel in the dark zone. I am a christian but in saying that i am not main stream as in catholic or what ever. i know there is a god looking after me because of things that have happened to me over my life. if you use the orthodox christian faith then i have no place to fit in. I just know, it is a gut instinct. or i am totaly crazy but i dont believe that. Any way,s i only drop in when things are not going quite to plan so hence the first comment but i would appreciate some one who i can bounce ideas and thoughts off, i may become a "more regular" reader. on your optional christmas i love christmas for its meaning as a christian not in the sectarian world of profit making. Thanks and i mean that.

Crabby
Community Member
Hiya, tryed to respond on tuesday but things went awol. you will see from the respoce to Kazzl how things are going but i am virtical and moving so that is good. i am hiding my true problems to others around me at the moment because of my son having a serious health issue ( writing that feels like a soap opera) but at the end of the day i am a lot further down the track than him so he is far more important. 1 step 1 step i look at the pic of the lady bug so far from anything green on mt etna and only trying to get into my shaddow that it is a reality in a world of i dont know what. thank you for responding Cmf.