FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What I learned today.?

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Sometimes when I am having a challenging day I like to think of something I learned  no matter how small.

I thought it would be interesting to see what others learn each day. 
what I learnt today.?
I found that a person being helpful makes me smile. 

8 Replies 8

tranzcrybe
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What I learn today (and most days) is that

'Adversity challenges us to change the way we think about things' ;

and what I learn tomorrow is:

'Why didn't I make use of that opportunity yesterday?' ...

Tranzcrybe 

thanks for your helpful quotes.

• i have had lots of change in last few years so I find it hard to cope with change big or small.
  • i am trying to look at things from another view point. 

I learnt today not to think that things  concerns me and  to try to see bigger picture, 

Hey Quirks,

Ironically, most of my major life crises have blessed me with the fondest of memories - not for the suffering, of course, but the humanity and humility from all those who served and many more I encountered along the journey.

today I learned that sweeping a beach serves little purpose.

Humanity and humility are good teaching tools 

what I learnt today is I can’t be myself around some people as all they do is criticise me or creat a felling thst I am not good at many things

Was trying to get rid of bold type but email sent it self.

i am ,learning that when stressed and tired simple tasks are hard most people close to me are impatient. 

what have you learnt today. 

Hello Quirky, Tranzcrybe & everyone

Hmm, just thinking, I don't usually ask myself that question. Oh, sometimes I realise I have learned something, but it is usually well after the fact.

However, today, I was making a salad, some for lunch & keeping some for dinner. I thought, for lunch I would make pasta for it, & for dinner I'll make potato. I have learned I prefer pasta with this version of my tuna & pasta or potato garden salad. & I also included a little squeeze of lime juice. That was a nice addition, too.

& I also have learned I don't like the movie 'reservoir Dogs', even with audio description. I can't be bothered trying to figure it out or to track each character.

I hope I will learn something more profound to add here.

I particularly like Tranzcrybe's post from a month ago. Their "sweeping a beach serves little purpose" is certainly worth quoting. 

& I also like your post, "Humanity and humility are good teaching tools", too. We can all learn from what we observe around us.

Hugzies

mmMekitty