FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What gives you comfort.?

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

We often think about what upsets us, 

what makes us feel uncomfortable 

what makes us sad,

I would like to talk about what gives comfort what makes us feel comfortable.

someone had knitted a woollen rug for me and it feels soft and comforting. If I feel upset I wrap myself in the blanket. 

I find when people really listen to me and understand me it gives me comfort. 

What gives you comfort .?

19 Replies 19

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Beautiful topic quirky. It's lovely that you have a knitted rug to wrap yourself up in and feel comforted by. Hugs. 

Kindness. Being warm. Hugging my furry pets. Having plenty of food in the house. 
These bring me comfort. 

Love EM

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

EM 

thanks fir your list. When people say what their comfort food is, I find all food comforting andd I feel privileged in being able to access fresh healthy food. 
i don’t have pets but I sometimes take a friends dog for a walk  and fills me with joy. 

Moonstruck
Community Member

What gives me comfort? Oh Quirky a miracle has happened....trying not to celebrate too much...but after having so much trouble and angst with this new forum....I actually managed to reply to some of Croix' RECENT posts..and he replied back!!!   Then I thought I would try and join some of your RECENT discussions and found this one.....am I on the way back to all my friends and RECENT discussions????  fingers crossed and all that?

I had given up completely and missed writing on her so very much.   I miss CMF, Grandy, Doolhof, all sorts of friends ..sorry if I have left someone out...it's been so long.  I don't want to lose you all again...so an answer to your question might be.....navigating my way to friends on Forum will give me comfort...so much comfort.  Will I be OK now on here, do you think?  love Moon S

Moonstruck

I am so happy that you have managed how to find familiar na es to connect with. I gain comfort from your joy. I am gradually finding other threads but I sometimes forget names.

keep up the connect , I will look for your threads.take care. 

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi quirky, Hi Moon, 

What gives me comfort:
~ seeing friends reconnect on the forums! That's more like JOY lol. 
~ smelling my kids' cooking
~ hearing my children singing and / or playing their musical instruments. 

A kind friend who loves me enough to hold space. 

Have fun you two lol
Love EM

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks quirkywords, this is a great topic and one that I hope can help members feel inspired for positive reflection. 

Things that bring me comfort are:
- Warmth (like eating hot food, drinking tea, or wrapping myself up in a blanket or dressing gown)
- Interacting with my friends
- Listening to my favourite songs
- Watching a familiar movie or TV show

- Feeling validated or like I am being heard/understood

"By George I think I've got it"...amazing. nice to see you again ecomama. Still quite slow at this but so wonderful to catch up. We truly are like "family". Love you ALL.  Still have to find Grandy...

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hahaha so nice to "see" you too Moon, nice outfit! hahaha. 

How have you been? 

Nice ones Willow Jude, so sweet lol. 

What gave me comfort today was spending alot more time in my garden than I've had in ages. 
Food for my soul. 

Back to reading now, which also brings me comfort, snap Willow. 

Love to our wonderful BB family
EM

Moonstruck
Community Member

Lying down next to my sleeping cat and feeling him snuggle a bit closer to me and we lie there in the quiet and peaceful dark for a while, until I finally decide to get up and go to bed.  I wait until he's in a deep sleep so it doesn't disturb him when I leave.  Nice.