FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Watching City 4K videos on Youtube to remain feeling connected during pandemic times

ScarlettR
Community Member

Hi,

I have a mental illness and depression, but I love walking around in public and people watching. It's always refreshing no matter what day it is or how I woke up that morning.

Now in the pandemic, it's not possible with the cities being in lockdown. But on Youtube, there are videos - called 4k videos - of people filming themselves walking through streets in cities around the world. Basically, the filming person is holding a camera or tripod and record their walk from their point of view, from about 30 minutes to up to 3 hours, just walking through cities and passing people and shops.

London and American ones are quite entertaining, and I do watch walking videos from my hometown, Melbourne. Being in the lockdown, it gives me a slight release by watching what's going on in the outside world. If I can't go out yet in public, at least I can watch it for free online, yes?

For those who get depressed or anxious, do you like these kind of videos?

4 Replies 4

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Scarlett,

Thank you so much for sharing the k4 walks...I will check them out..

I have been watching virtual walks along beaches, through woodlands, forests etc...which are very similar to the ones you mentioned....I find these video very helpful with the sounds of the ocean, birds, wind etc....

The video would be a nice way to see different parts of the world while at home..

Kind thoughts dear Scarlett..

Grandy..

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi ScarlettR

Thankyou for the helpful post! I used to have chronic anxiety for a while so I dont miss being in my closest city Melbourne yet good on you!

Are the HD/4K video's prior to any lockdowns with people everywhere as in the way things used to be or is the videofeed taken on empty city streets?

Either way it sounds like a feelgood idea 🙂

Nice1

Paul

Blondguy: yeah, the videos were taken before the lockdown. Still, the most recent Australian ones are from January this year. There are some London ones take 1-3 weeks ago where the restrictions are easing and there are a handful of people at any given time.

Thanks ScarlettR

Even though these restrictions are temporary it would be refreshing to review pre covid for sure 🙂

Great to have you as part of the forum family Scarlett!

Paul