FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

Today I am grateful for:

1) My family, friends, partner and dog

2) I am grateful that I have been working hard and studying everyday which will pay off (rather than feeling overly stressed which I used to feel sometimes!)

3) That I was able to spend time with one of my best friends yesterday

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My headphones

The sweet magpie taking refuge from the rain on my verandah

My bed, where I'm typing from, with my cat and dog curled up close by...

Harpbird
Community Member

Meeting two friends for a coffee.

giving them each a heat pack I made and a macrame shelf . They were so great full .

finding my zygo cactus in flower and moving it onto a table on front verandah.

Boudica
Community Member

Today I am thankful for:

1. My new glasses that bring the two overlapping images closer together than the last pair and make it easier for me (I have double vision from a childhood head injury)

2. The fruit and vegetable market where I shop. It is by the water, and is bustling and interesting. It is such a different experience from the supermarket, it always cheers me up and expands my world.

3. Robotic arms with sensory feedback (new research in science magazine this month). I do not need this, but for those who do, this is life changing. Robotic arms have been around for a while but to be able to get tactile feedback to your brain when you touch things with your prosthesis is revolutionary! I am so glad this work is being done. I remember practicing to do things with my feet when I was a child, so that I would be prepared if I lost my hands (seems odd now, but we did have a family friend who had lost his right hand at work).

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Today I’m thankful for...

1...The beautiful sunny warm day..

2...The peace I find when sitting on my veranda..

3...The gentle tingling of my wind chimes...

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

thankful for:

soy milk tea - yummy combo

wearing a mask today because i have mascne...

A schedule today to keep me distracted and even-keeled

Sad_Mushroom
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Today I am thankful that I went to work and came home to all my grown children being safe and well.

ON a full round I am thankful that I am able to go to work and able to function. (I remember when I could not)

Hang in there people.

Gambit87
Community Member

Today I am thankful for -

My job. Im not fond of my job, but atleast I have a job.

I skipped martial arts on the weekend to have a date night with my love.

the cold wet weather haha.

Harpbird
Community Member

Waking up

getting another injection

making back home , yay the joy 😞

Choclateicecream
Community Member

I am Thankful for:

1. Getting up before my alarm stopped.

2. My flower that I planted 3 weeks as a seed, that I continued watering even though I did not except to grow has emerged from the soil... a seedling tray I have on a table near a window. Sometimes life has pleasant surprises.

3. My sweet dog is healthy.