FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,818 Replies 4,818

Hello,

Today I am thankful for:

1. The grace of herons fishing. This morning while the lake was still golden from sunrise, I sat and watched a heron finding breaky, and everything else vanished. It was beautiful.

2. The tree outside my window that casts a shadow of dancing leaves on my bedroom wall.

3. Youtube. I find so many treasures there amongst the schlock. I am using it to find strategies to help with anxiety.

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1) For my health and happiness

2) That I am able to have the heater on

3) That I am able to pursue my education

SapereAude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Today I am thankful for

- my gradual recovery after 10 days in hospital (not Covid-19) and nearly 3 weeks of fever but antivirals are working, have this week at home to concentrate on recovery.

- my family

- my employer who had been very understanding and empathetic

pawsy
Community Member

1. A friend drove me to Costco and we did a big shop. Got food that will last ages

2. My lovely dog and cat

3. Safe roof over my head, cosy bed

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Today I am thankful

1) because I had the courage to reconnect here on this forum after some time away

2) I had a lovely walk on a beach today

3) I have employment

Katyonthehamsterwheel
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

My friend reminded me of the importance of gratefulness today, so here I am...

- my friend, who reminded me of some good strategies for positive MH

- books, a holiday in your head 😉

- tarot cards, a bit of fun!

Harpbird
Community Member

A nice warm fire

doggie asleep on my lap

grandaughter staying overnight

Thankful for

being appreciated as a volunteer

joking with friends

having fresh food to eat .

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

grateful for:

soy milk which is so yum. All brands, really, but the So Good and Bonsoy ones are helping me ease through my days atm

manners. I'm so thankful for being treated like a human. Thank u to my doctor for his kind manners which help me value myself

recognising anxiety and being able to release from it, watch it and not let it be everythign. knowng that what i'm feeling is anxiety, so i don't feel like it's so life-and-dth

Thank u x

Harpbird
Community Member

Made a few heat packs for some friends.

made two macrame timber shelf’s.

had a kitchen guy come and measure up for a new kitchen yippee. Pulled everything out in 2007. Just using bbq and woks lol