FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thankful for

rain

friends

boxes

Ha ha, Quirky......boxes, I love it. You are absolutely right, boxes are awesome and I have never thought about this before. Thanks for that thought. There are so many little things that can contribute to our happiness.

Guest_05
Community Member

Thankful for,

healthy food to eat.

natural spring water

Warm bed

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Being welcomed when I was unsure

Arriving safely after a very long drive

Having a friend contact me unasked when I needed bucking up

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

thankful for:

chopped up vegetables ready to eat

not being in tooth pain

spaces i can go and be myself without feeling self-conscious

Hello All. Thankful for able to walk in long back yard among the trees. Cleaned the birdbath and put in fresh water. Hearing in the distance the sound night birds in flight going somewhere. Regards.

PsychedelicFur
Community Member

Three things I am incredibly grateful for :

1. Beginning to learn that my toxic ex partner’s behaviour was a reflection of them. And I am slowly but surely learning how to not hold detest or anger anymore. The ways, in which they treated me were all a true reflection on who he is/was as a human being. Beginning to realise it was really was a lesson and a blessing in disguise that we did not work out together. I want someone who I grow and flourish with. And I don’t think, honestly I could have ever done that with someone like him. Grateful for videos, online forums (LIKE THIS ONE) and articles but also books that share insight on what narcissistic abuse looks like and how to overcome it. A narcissist is a very insecure and depressed individual. And in order for a narcissist to feel ‘worthy of’ or ‘loved’ they need to act in a fake manner in order to lure in and attract their empathic and usually incredible victims. The thing you’ve got to understand is narcissists never EVER chase someone who is ‘dull’ or even ‘boring’ for that matter. They chase intelligent, creative, insightful, talented and thoughtful individuals.

2. I may have a good willpower to when it comes to not interacting with toxic individuals but my willpower, sometimes to sweet things like chocolate is very small. I love chocolate and I’m grateful for it because sometimes it’S good to just eat some and feel good about your world. Milk is genuinely my favourite flavour, plain milk.

3. Grateful for the fact that I am studying at the moment. And that I have the opportunity to study. To think about the fact that I have even made to a course shocks me. If you told me three years that I would graduate secondary school and eventually end up going to university I would have laughed and not at all believed you. Even though I made a promise to myself when I was in grade prep of primary school that I was going to graduate no matter how much it took for me to do so. And I did it!!

All the best, lots of love,

PF xxx

Hello everyone,

Today I am grateful for:

1. My electric blanket - it makes a huge difference to me, as without it I get achingly cold.

2. BB forum - Maybe does not change the sadness, but makes me feel less alone, so many nice peeps.

3. Morning coffee - I let myself have only 1 cup a day so I look forward to it each morning.

Guest_05
Community Member

Hello All. Today I'm thankful for - positive friends.

good healthy food

had enough energy have a a different outlook if life

Hello BB world,

Today I'm thankful for:

1. I graduated from my degree, glad that I made it despite the turmoil of the last 3 years (I am continuing study though)

2. All the other students had family to support them and cheer at graduation but I had nobody, but the other students & their families were really warm, supportive and lovely and we took photos together, and made me feel included.

3. I felt okay today. I have been really down this last week and barely making it out of bed (which is not like me), but today was better, I feel a bit lighter.