FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

Gambit87
Community Member

Today I am thankful for

- being able to take a week off work to regroup and recharge.

- ramen haha. I finally got to try a ramen shop ive been meaning to get to for ages

- friends and family

Today I am grateful:

1) That my partner has been feeling so much happier since he put in his resignation. That workplace was not healthy for him (even though he tried to push through for the past 8 years!)

2) For my family, for supporting us through this time. We have to financially reset but luckily I am currently living at home so this is the time that we are able to do this without too much worry.

3) For my friends, for being patient with me when I am busy with studying

delicious home grown peaches that were given to me

a little rain to wash away the dirt and dust

an opportunity to go for a walk this afternoon

Hi Doolhof!

Home grown peaches sounds amazing! That really made me think of peach crumble yum!

1) I am grateful that my partner has been feeling so much happier now that he has resigned from a toxic/unhealthy workplace

2) That I am able to live at home while I sort out my career! I am so supported.

3) For my cute pug who is always happy to see me

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thankful for

a friend giving me a cutting for my garden

having people who care about my health

people who share their food

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Today I'm grateful ....

~ to BE here.

~ for flowers given to me as a Thank you, aww.

~ for the privilege to be close to people I love through their grief.

EM 🌈

Gambit87
Community Member

I am grateful for -

my beautiful girlfriend.

watching the sun rise.

morning chats with my local coffee shop owner.

Guest_4643
Community Member

Thankful for:

- These forums.

- Online friends since I have none in person & never have, probably never will either (1 in another state & the others in America).

- Relaxing smells (Lavender, etc).

Guest_1643
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

- good medical help

- been accepted for a new therapy group

- Fresh bread

Lucky Sleepy.

I wish I and many others who are unfortunate not to have good medical help, had better help.

Good luck with the therapy group. I wish I could join one but there's none here.