Three things to be thankful for today
Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.
I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!
So my three things for today are:
1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day
2: The ability to read and write
3: A lovely hot shower.
Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.
Today, I am thankful for -
- Lockdown ending tonight! (hopefully no new cases)
- went for a quick walk to get coffee and snacks. good to see people following the rules and wearing masks. It gives off a 'were in this together, lets smash this virus' vibe
- our pet budgie pippin
1. Being well enough to tidy my house today (I put my clothes away, cleaned the kitchen, tidied the living room, made beds and put the laundry on to wash - all in one morning. so proud.)
2. The loving text message I got from my husband and coming to an agreement that we would spend time together and play a board game together when he gets home from work.
3. Receiving a text message from someone in my 12 step fellowship, linking me up to a meeting that is more likely going to be helpful.