Three things to be thankful for today
Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.
I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!
So my three things for today are:
1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day
2: The ability to read and write
3: A lovely hot shower.
Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.
Thanks Dools! Yeah, she (my cat) is one in a million. My best animal buddy
Gosh this gratitude stuff is hard sometimes. On days when the tiredness and numbness kicks in. But Ok here goes...
1. My next door neighbours and the amazing cherries and kiwis they shared with me this afternoon.
2. This cool night breeze.
3. Posting to the BB forums instead of the usual doomscrolling.
Sending everyone best wishes tonight.
Today I am thankful for
- Being in lockdown. Weird as it is I'm grateful that we have been put into a 5 day lockdown. I actually live in one of the hotspots and its a little concerning but I feel I have learnt so much about myself and have grown mentally since the last lockdown. I feel better prepared to get though this.
- Getting covid tested. Yesterday I spent a little over 5 hours in line to get a covid test. I have no issue with that what so ever, it is what it is. I am thankful to the hospital staff. They do such an amazing job, on their feet all day dealing with people cannot be easy.
- being reminded to enjoy the little things in life.
- at the coffee shop, I saw two women and their dogs. One of the dogs looked just like Hairy Maclary, and the other looked just like Hercules Morse (another doggie character in the Hairy Maclary books). That made me smile.
- I discovered President Romana, and her Doctor Who fan songs. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF72e88E9uoWVlbL7vwS79g
- I finally got myself to the doctor for a much-needed medication review
1. Dinner out of the vegie garden.
2. A medicare plan for physio to ease this nerve pain of mine.
3. Had a major win at work today after weeks of effort, despite the pain, despite everything going sideways in January. Feeling so proud of myself 🙂
Hope folks are doing well tonight.
1. Being able to spend time in the back yard just watching the bees (native and honey) gorging on the coriander flowers.
2. A nap with my old and still-here kitty.
3. My optimism... A little spark of it showed up today (thanks to those bees!). It's been a long time between sparks...