FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm grateful that

My friend who is unwell is being well looked after

A cold day means a wood fire

A much needed furniture repair was within my budget

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Kris_G,

Welcome to the community here! It is wonderful to know being thankful out loud each morning is helping you. A wonderful idea I might utilise myself, thanks for sharing.

Hello Everyone else,

There are so many wonderful things mentioned here to help me realise just how much I too have to be thankful for.

Hoping everyone reading has positives moments and many opportunities to find occasions or events on life to be grateful for.

Cheers all from Dools

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

I am thankful for this thread Dools.

I am thankful for thoughtful people.

I am thankful for having people who take time to keep in touch and care about me

Rynn
Community Member

Today I’m thankful for,

1. Another beautiful day, not too hot and not too cold

2. my wonderful and supportive family

3. my adoring pets

clown_of_mine
Community Member

. finding left over fried chicken in the fridge

.. the way my dogs becomes puppy like when fed fried chicken

...the difference visiting BB and knowing you all has made in my small world

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey everyone.

Croix - a wood fire would be lovely. I'm glad your unwell friend is getting looked after. I hope they feel better soon. Glad you could get some furniture repaired also.

quirky - I'm thankful for this thread too. And yes, we all care about you here.

Rynn - I wish I had supportive family. I have my parents and they're supportive but no other family and friends. But I'm glad you have supportive family.

clown of mine - ooh yum. and yes I agree, BB has helped me too, and my small world aswell. I'm glad it's helped you.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Today I'm grateful for:

* the kids cleaning up after their party surprise surprise lol.

* getting 2 legal paperwork tasks behind me, YAY!

* setting aside time to wash my car, I'm grateful to have my car back after 2 months on loan.

EMxxxx

Today I am grateful for:

*having a stressful day but not being overwhelmed and just trying to stay calm. I'm proud of myself!

*I am grateful for my dog, she is the best comfort

*that I have tomorrow and Friday off!

Thank u both its fantastic when our bodies do what we want. Hope the head catches up soon.. stay safe and keep enjoying and posting 3 things each day. Hope were all as well as we seem. I know everyone here deserves the happiness moments more than most

Big__Al
Community Member

Today I am grateful for:

1) These forums! When I feel really down and confused, I remember the beyondblue forums and come here and lurk, reading the posts of other people who have been in similar situations and I take in the words of encouragement and advice given by the users who respond. It helps me so much to remember than none of us are alone in this.

2) My mum, who has been consistently sending me photos of the cat (and recordings of her purring) since I moved away.

3) My coworker, who has shown me many kindnesses during my self-isolation, but most recently dropped off an ingredient that I am goign to use to make a delicious dinner tonight.