FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,819 Replies 4,819

Kris_G
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I started doing this exercise a couple of months ago after hearing about it in a podcast. It is the first thing I do after waking up; lying on my bed and looking up at the ceiling I say the 3 things I'm thankful for out loud. I am so happy to know that this exercise is helping so many people. Anyway, I've rambled on for too long. Today I am thankful for:

1) my thoughtful and intelligent6 year old niece

2) my loud and rambunctious almost 3 year old nephew

3) my amazing family - mum, dad and sisters

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yesterday I was thankful for

going for a drive with my partner and just stopping where we wanted and having no plan

having a delicious lunch in a small friendly cafe deli.

chatting to ann inspiring person who is living with far more difficulty and trauma than I could imagine.

This person made me put my small setbacks into perspective .

Gambit87
Community Member

Today I am thankful for,

My friends. I saw a good mate yesterday, that I havent seen in ages, it felt like I only saw him a few days ago.

being able to send time at the beach.

getting permission to have a pet! My partner and I got a budgie and named him pippin!

1) I am grateful for my boss' comments about my work ethic and how hard I have been working. It really made me feel appreciated.

2) I am thankful that I could finish the tough call at work this morning and that I could breathe easier in the afternoon for it

3) I was thankful that my family friend visited! My mum was so happy to see her

. scotch fillet steak sandwich 2 day

.. my darling pet my furry angel everyday

...no money worries 2 day

Guest_4643
Community Member

Only 1 thing I can think of right now:

• These forums and everyone on them, who has been there for me, and talked to me with kindness. Thank you. It means a lot.

TheBigBlue
Community Member

Thankful for the following today

Being accepted into Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. I start in 2 weeks.

For my awesome boyfriend who accompanied me to the hospital this morning & then to the psychiatrist this afternoon.

For my psychiatrist who has also taken notice of some health complaints I had which were completely disregarded by my GP. He listened & he cared & he researched! Sending a big thank you to him

Hey TheBigBlue.

Congrats on being accepted for DBT Therapy, I hope it goes well and is helpful to you. I've heard of it but don't know what it is. Best of luck.

I'm sorry to hear you went to the hospital, I hope everything is okay. That was nice of your boyfriend coming with you.

I'm glad you have a good Psychiatrist who listened, cared, researched and helped you. I'm sorry you had complaints though and your GP didn't listen.

Elithia
Community Member

My next door neighbours, for their kindness and practical help during a tough week.

My two ever-loving cats: the wise one and the handsome-but-not-so-bright one.

The spinach dahl my friend made for me so I didn't need to cook. What a rockstar she is.

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm grateful for Guest_4593s AMAZING healing and progress!!

CONGRATULATIONS Guest_4593 wow.

I'm grateful for:

* our beautiful pets as our constant loyal companions. Hoping surgery goes well for one this week.

* peaceful times at home with my family

* the kids playing their musical instruments downstairs with their friends tonight... it actually sounds GREAT! lol. (it really does)

EMxxxx