FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Three things to be thankful for today

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Some days it is really hard to find anything to be thankful for when we feel overcome by the darkness and fog of depression. If I look hard enough, I can find something to be thankful for.

I would like to encourage others to write down three things they are thankful for, and to realise there is a sense of hope available to us all. Sometimes it is just a little hard to find!

So my three things for today are:

1: The lovely singing of birds in the morning as they welcome in the new day

2: The ability to read and write

3: A lovely hot shower.

Wishing all the "family" in BB Land a day full of noticing the nice things in life. Kind regards to you all, from Dools.

4,815 Replies 4,815

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Dool, love the list, and although I have a phobia for flying birds to be around me, I still can't go past number 1, as the magpies make a beautiful noise.

It's little things like these that can make a day worthwhile, and a good way to start the day off with. L Geoff. x

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply. How about you write down your three things that you are thankful for today, then after tomorrow try and write down another three. Magpies do sound great don't they! We are very lucky and have lots of birds around our place.

Another three things I am thankful for today:

1: Believing there is a God and I am never alone.

2: Seeing lambs and calves today.

3; Going for a walk and feeling the sun on my face.

Okay, who will be next?

From Dools.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Dools, well three things that I love and so thankful for are

1: my 2 young beautiful grand daughters

2: my 2 sons and daughter in law

3: my twin hasn't had to go through one bit of trauma like I have

L Geoff. x

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Geoff,

Hi, love your three things you have listed, I am so pleased to read you have family to love and be thankful for. Are you in contact with your twin frequently? I have friends who are identical twins, some people have trouble telling them apart. 

Here are my three things for today:

1: My husband who loves me in his own unique way

2: My nieces

3: My dearest friends S and J.

Happy thoughts to you Geoff and to all who read this.

Please join us and add things you are thankful for.

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Dools

Great post!!

My three things that I am grateful today are:

1.  Listening to the kookaburras on our tree

2.  my three beautiful children

3.  the place where I live near the beach

Have a great day everyone

Jo

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Dool, my twin and I speak to each other weekly, and he would drop everything if I was in need of desperate help, as would be with him, the same applies for my two sons and the eldest little family of two daughters aged 3 and 4 months.

I remember when I as assaulted at the hotel and sustained my head injury, which has changed my life all together, however he didn't know of the accident, but for some reason he knew that something awful had happened with me, so he just hopped into his car and needed to see me, but unfortunately he had a car accident, he wasn't hurt, so he has ESP with me where I don't for him.

We are fraternal twins and it reminds me of the film 'The Twins' with  arnold and danny devito act in. L Geoff. x

AGrace
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Doolhof,

What a lovely idea, I can't believe I'm just seeing this now:)

So What am I grateful for today?

1. Having 3 incredible sisters who have given me 5 nieces and nephews

2. Love. I don't know what the world would be like without it

3. Sunshine

Thanks for starting the thread Doolhof.

AGrace

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Three things I'm grateful for today:

1: The dentist didn't have to pull out a tooth for me today! I'm really thankful for that!!

2: I enjoyed a coffee and chat with one of my clients today in her home. We talked like friends about all kinds of things.

3: I ate my lunch in a park, enjoying the sunshine.

Wishing you all glimpses of light through the darkness.

Love and care to you all, from Dools.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Geoff,

I have heard that twins sometimes know what each other are going through, or in your case, it seems your twin has a special connection with you. I have twin Aunties who often send each other the same birthday card, try to hone each other at the same time and all sorts of things like that.

A dear friend of mine overseas seems to have some kind of "power" or ability to know what is going on in my life sometimes. She knew my babies had died even before I phoned to tell her. I had an excellent weekend a while ago and she phoned to find out what I had been up to that made me so happy! It is really uncanny how she knows what is going on and can read me like a book.

Hope you can come up with another three things to be thankful for Geoff. Even if you don't share them, I hope you are able to find things, people, events to be thankful for each day.

Cheers, L Dools.