FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

The GOOD NEWS Thread

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone

If you have any good news in your life or seen any good news in the media please let us know in a brief post 😊

Note: I understand and respect this thread topic is not for everyone as any level of anxious/depressive feelings are awful to experience

Just for myself I have a couple of positives

• Peta Credlin on Sky News gave Beyond Blue a huge mention earlier this week
  • My mum is still independent and doing well at 90 years of age and her lung function test is 'Normal' and still a smoker! Love you mum x

any good news is welcome...and thankyou everyone for being a part of the Beyond Blue forums too!

my kindest always...Paul

176 Replies 176

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Paul, a great new and very pleasant thread, different to what all of us have had to struggle through, not only in this heinous year, but also our time trying to understand why anybody should be put into a position where MH rules us.

Huge compliments for your Mum and wish her all our very best.

Take care.

Geoff.

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Paul,

Yes- love this thread. I actually write down some good news in my journal and it helps remind me that the world is an ok place sometimes.

Here's a couple I've written down for this month

- Instead of 10 sessions, since the 2020 Budget we can now claim a total of 20. Such a big win.

- There's been seed planting drones used to restore the Koala habitat after the bushfires

Looking forward to reading more of this thread (and contributing more if it's wanted :))

rt

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Paul,

I love this thread..I don’t watch the news because of the negativity of it...Here I can come in and read all the positives in the news..instead of sad or bad luck stories..

My good news.....I got my stolen donations back..and will re-donate them to a different charity today at the bigger town, after my Victims Counselling session this afternoon...

Thank you so much for giving myself and others here the chance to keep up with the good news only..

Kind and caring thoughts everyone...

Grandy....

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Awww a Good news thread yay!

I love happy news!

You're a chip of the 'ole block Blondguy Paul, great news for your mum!

Some of my good news is..
* my boss is very happy I'm going back full time next year, she's a sweety.
* my fruit trees are bulging with lots of fruit, yay!
* my house renos are plodding along - the window frames arrived 2 days after ordering!
* my son is coming home again this weekend, big yay lol.
* my chickens are back on the lay so we had pancakes for breakfast.
* I can hear my daughter singing 💜 she has a voice like an angel. She's feeling good after those pancakes lol.

Love and many Blessings to all
EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

We have some more good news, which certainly shows a breakthrough for our family...

* youngest d has decided to go back to dancing, yay!
* son and eldest d are saving for their first home - maybe even together.
* I bagged a huge bargain for my garden last night - getting $10 plants for $2 each! I bought 8 lol.

Hoping all is well with others too,
EM

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Everyone...New posters are always welcome too!

Hey Geoff...thankyou for taking the time to post!...It has been a heinous year...thats for sure

Hey romantic_thi3f...always a bonus to see you! and for mentioning ' Instead of 10 sessions, since the 2020 Budget we can now claim a total of 20. Such a big win!' I really hope people take this up. And using drones for seed planting to restore the Koala Habitat after the wildfires...

Hey Grandy....thankyou for your super kind post!....and mentioning that you have your stolen donations returned....This is great news Grandy 🙂 Excellent news..

Hey EM...thanks heaps for being a breath of fresh air here and across the forums. You are a wonderful mum. All of our nurseries are closed in Melbourne....until they re-open soon....:-) Great bargain with the plants by the way EM!!

so many amazing people here and and the forums....my kindest always

Paul

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Paul, and those above me, as RT has said if seeds are being dropped for the growth of new eucalyptus trees or other types for the koala generation is brilliant, only wish we could close our eyes and then open them, then the trees would be fully grown, a kids dream, but we're still entitled to have them.

One day in the future this maybe achievable.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

The. Good news is this thread was started.

Trying to think of good news.

I have found that other groups on Facebook are talking about acts of kindness .

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Good news is that you're here with us quirky... xx

Thanks Blondguy Paul, you're very kind. I had a dream about you last night lol... you were helping a little person with their laptop - go figure.

Our good news:

* Our pantry is all cleaned out and looks great, heaps of food for the chickens too!

* Son's burns, he got at work, are healing miraculously well, yay!

* the sweet, gentle rain is filling up our water tanks and making our nectarines grow by the minute! We really needed this rain.

EM