FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

So, how was your day?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

I've had a busy kind of day that went very well. I have managed to work, go for a swim, had lunch in a park, enjoyed a coffee and biscuits with a client and looked at the second hand tent we have just bought ourselves.

I went down to the chook house to check on my "ladies" and had a chat with them while they clucked away waiting for me to feed them. I also had a look to see where we can set the tent up in the garden this weekend to try it out. I'm already thinking of places nearby where we can go camping. I will also ask my sister and nieces if they would like to join me sometime.

Please feel free to contribute and share how you have spent your day.

Cheers for now from Mrs. Dools

144 Replies 144

JessF
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Well, I had a hearing assessment and unfortunately it is time for me to get a hearing aid. Age catching up with me, I guess. It's very expensive to get one, but I am looking forward to being able to hear things better, but at the same time perhaps feeling a little niggly depression about my faculties declining.  It's silly, really, I am in very good health otherwise.  It's just the little reminders that nothing lasts forever.

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi JessF,

Yes it is a little upsetting when we realise we are not as young and healthy as we once were. Ha. Ha.

I used to work with children. One girl of 10 made a run for it from the centre I was working in and I was told to chase after her! I ended up calling out to her and asking her to please stop as I was not a young person and I was really exhausted. She felt sorry for me and stopped.

I hope you are able to get a decent hearing aid and you will be able to enjoy all of the wonderful and delightful sounds you have been missing out on.

Today I enjoyed driving around in the countryside for work and was so thankful my new glasses are providing me with good vision. Just to see the depth in a tree, the colours of the earth, the sheep in the paddocks, the clouds in the sky, it is such a pleasure.

Yes, we all get older, things stop working or they work too well and cause problems! Ha. Ha. All the best with the hearing aids!

Cheers, from Mrs. Dools

Today I managed to get all of the washing done and did a little bit in the garden before I went to work.

One of my jobs today included assisting a person to clean out their cupboards. I worked really hard to get as much done as I could in the allotted time, but felt like I received no recognition for the hard job I performed.

I was a bit miffed at first, when I realised this person never seems to appreciate anything I do for them. Then I thought to myself, does it really matter if they don't show any appreciation? No, it does not.

As long as I am satisfied with the work I have managed to do, I can stand tall with my head high and be proud of my effort. If I was to do a half hearted effort next time, I would not feel good about myself.

Self esteem and self appreciation is something I can do for myself!

I don't need to rely on other people's praise for me to feel good about myself.

From Mrs. Dools

Feeling down and knew l would be spending the day alone.

l gave my lounge room a good tidy and clean, it's looking good. Also gave my garden a good soaking.

Nice to only focus on the good things.

Hi Hopefulseeking,

Great of you to contribute here! It is wonderful that even though you were feeling down you were still able to achieve something!

I appreciate when I can find the time and energy to clean the house and work in the garden. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning part of the garden today and watering. That section now looks so much better!

Tonight I am going to sleep in the second hand tent we just bought ourselves! Hopefully the air mattress will stay up all night, or else I might end up back in the house! Ha. Ha. I have no idea if I will get much sleep or not! Time will tell.

Hope you have a nice day tomorrow!

Cheers, from Mrs. Dools 

Hi Mrs Dools,

How did your sleep out go in the tent, hope it didn't rain. Did your mattress stay up or go flat?

l work very hard at keeping busy and not only occupying my day by trying to achieve something. I volunteer twice a week at a local community centre and have a couple of groups plus catching up with friends. All this is a strategy or coping mechanism. Some times l really have to push myself to go out, most of the time I manage to.

Unfortunately I am struggling badly but will not give into the depression anxiety and ptsd.

l too love it when I get an energy boost and can manage to clean and tidy my unit. For me an untidy place is an indication l am not coping to well.

The weekend is nearly here, don't have much on so to help cope l am going to the movies. Properly see The Second Best Marigold Hotel.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend Mrs Dools

Hugs

Anne

Thought I would contribute to this discussion. My day was kinda average but more on the down side. Woke up with horrible anxiety and restless legs which lasted all morning so was kinda hard looking after my daughter. When she went down for nap I did as well. My sister tried texting me to come over with her son to play with my daughter but I didn't hear the fone because of being asleep and when I woke it was too late in the day for the catch up. When my daughter went to bed I managed to waater the back gardern as it really needed it. Half if not nearly all my flowers and plants are dead as of me not watering them. Another job that needs to be done but is too overwhelming for me to do is weeding so im going to call someone to do that for me. I relaxed this evening with a few movies on tv and going to go to sleep soon. Hope others had a bit better day than I did.

Dear Anne,

Hi and thanks for your lovely message. I decided to get away for a weekend and headed to the beach. I stayed in a cabin in a caravan park. It was far too hot here to have stayed in the tent, I would have cooked! Ha. Ha.

I did sleep in the tent the previous weekend, well at least I tried to sleep. Yes, the air mattress did go down, so I was sleeping on nothing in the end. But it was fun. I had no idea what time it was so kept on dozing. In the end my husband came down at 9.30 to make sure I was okay!

I feel totally revitalised after my weekend at the beach. I enjoyed swimming, paddling and having a picnic dinner on the beach watching the sun set.

My husband and I have both been battling with depression, stress and anxiety, so a weekend apart did us both some good. He dislikes the beach immensely and is happy for me to holiday there by myself.

A man on the street even complimented me about my hat, so that made my day!

Hope you find ways to keep on top of all you are dealing with.

Cheers for now, from Mrs. Dools

Hi Chloe,

It is great you have added your story here regarding your day. I hope you have a better one today! Sometimes it is important to go and have a nap when you are able to, it can be so refreshing.

I do understand what you wrote about the garden, for me it can feel too overwhelming at times to just go out the door, let alone think about what needs to be done out there.

But when I am in the garden, I am so relaxed and I am so very thankful for where we live. Some places in the world are just like open sewers, are full or rubbish and junk and are putrid. For me, to have a garden, no matter how taxing it is on my energy at times, is such a blessing.

I hope you are able to get help with your garden so you can enjoy and appreciate it more.

I also hope you have many wonderful play dates with your nephew. I was at the beach on the weekend and loved watching the enjoyment of the children's faces as they played at the beach.

Have a great day, cheers to you from Mrs. Dools